Anyone running a SB in a G Body?

craggar

I'm doing a 427SB in 85 and right now I have a Super Vic. intake. I want to get the out province inspection before I start taking things apart. So I'm wondering what intake fits under the hood in case I need to order one.

I think Chris Chow has a twin turbo sbc gn. It's the one with the two turbos sticking halfway out of the hood.

That super vic works great after 5000 rpm, not real practical for street but i know that was not your Que.

As far as the fit? prolly not unless you have cowl hood

Tks guys, I've been doing some measuring and I think that a Vic Jr. will fit.

Like you said bluettype the Perf.won't cut it for what I'm doing.

Mcasteel, actually it wasn't that bad at all in my Camaro as long as you didn't care about fuel economy.:) My goal is to keep the stock hood if possible and since I will be using a motor plate and building my own crossmember for the tranny I should be able to drop it down just enough.

Ive been seeing alot of EFI on the motown sb 427's but the wallet needs to be a tad deeper.

good luck on project

mike

Ive been seeing alot of EFI on the motown sb 427's but the wallet needs to be a tad deeper.

good luck on project

mike

I thought about that but like you said the wallet needs to be bigger. Even though I have the motor, tranny, interior and nice body to start with the bills are adding up pretty quick.