Anyone put nitrous on a carbed car?

H

Hit Man X

I was thinking a 75 shot on a well built motor would be okay. And the -125 degree temps should act like an intercooler...I think...

Sound good?

Nitrous

Hitman,
I contacted the guys at Holley (who make NOS products) and they said a 90 shot on a good motor would be no problem.Lets go for it....

I think so, I need some cash to build the bottom end first then I'll prob. run 11-13lbs spraying and 8-9 for the street no spray...

NOS

A 75hp shot on a turbo car is roughly equal to a 100-125hp shot on a normally aspirated car! Anyone seen NOS's Top Shot? It sits on the carb stud! I'd like to see someone tap for a single fogger nozzle after the turbo. It would need its own fuel pump and boost referenced regulator due to the psi after the turbo. I think this would work better than putting it through the turbo.Any thoughts?:)

Actually NOS has a system designed for carbed single turbo cars. I don't know how much it would be around you but here it is about $650.00. If you want the part # let me know and I will get it for you. It is just like a carb. plate and mounts up to quadrajets. I have thought long and hard about doing this with mine. I have about 1100 miles on my new motor and had it built up just for this reason. The coin is still in the air though if I should do this or not.