Anyone Planning To Switch From Stage 2 To TA Aluminum?

On center, wide journal, cross bolted iron back to off center (alum)? Not me, thanks :)

TurboTR

If it come long block good for 1000hp for under 10K I will switch. But it will have to come with a 3 yr 60 warranty lol..:D

I am building my stage 2 engine as we speak. I gave this alot of thought as the TA blocks they are saying will be available in the fall. Here is what comes to mind, for one anytime there is a new product there are always bugs to be worked out. Yes they will be testing soon however this engine may have problems in different climates and conditions who knows? The other determining factor for me, there are plenty of stage 2 engines out there producing 1000hp when built proper. Therfore what is the gain?

If you already have a stage 2 I see no real gain. For those of us that have too many goodies in the stock block and fear turning the wick up too much to try and keep the block from letting go, I think this is the PERFECT project.

Derrick

I agree with tazn, yes there will be weight reduction, however if you are running a stage 2 that is still semi streetable and you are turning low 10's without ripping the engine apart every run. I will stick to my stage 2. Again i still beleive it will be a few years before all the parts are avaivalbe for this block with ease and again all new projects have issues. I should know i am a service director for Ford, we see it all from the manufactor when it comes to flaws. :D