Anyone need an original 1970 Boss 302 Engine?

xlr8ngn

My friend has an original Boss 302 engine he pulled out of a car back in the day with 20,000 miles on it. It has been sitting since then and he now wants to sell it. It has everything except the original distributor and carb. Just thought someone here might be interested since you don't see on of those engines every day.

I know it is a D0ZE block and it has never been apart. I will find out more from him.

DOZE 015B 9H26 on block. Came original w/ cast aluminum finned valve covers. No flywheel. Everything original: harmonic balancer, water pump, intake, oil pan, valve covers. Heads have never been off. Has an aftermarket accel dual point distibuter.

shoot me an email to with all the info an pics if ya can get them and how much...guess there is still a little "blue oval" blood in me :p

I will see if I can get some pics, I know it is covered with alot of dust. I know he doesnt want to give it away, but cash in hand should get it at a decent price. I have a 2:50 Tee time, so gotta go. I will talk with him again tonight.

SWEEET!!!
My dad had a 66 Fairlane GT when I was a kid. He bought it with a bad 390 4-spd. He put in a 428 Cobra Jet and took it to Sears Point on a regular basis. After a while he came upon a Boss 302 from a totaled Mustang and swapped it in. He LOVED that motor. It was actually faster with the Boss than the CJ and he won quite a few races, even beat my uncle in his SS 396 Chevelle, which he kept saying how fast it was.
Sorry for butting in on your post but just had to share.:D

He would like to sell it complete. I will take some pictures soon and post them. Even if it does not sell here, most people have not seen one of these.