anyone near Rush, NY?

Reaper

Pit Bitch
My parents are going to get my little brother in NYC and they are then going on like a 2 week tour of NY state. ( I am sure my bother will love 2 weeks in a car and hotel with my parents) My dad has planned this trip to hit just about every historical place they can find.

that leads me to this...

he had found some WWII gas ration books and they are marked Rush NY, he wants to visit there now cause of this.. any museums or any thing worth wild in that area?

thanks!
Dathan

Rush is about 1/2 hour south of Rochester. Rochester has several museums (Strong Museum, Eastman-Kodak). There is a historical aircraft museum in Geneseo which is very close to Rush. Letchworth State Park has some cool gorges and is also very close.

Then head east a few hours to Cooperstown that is the home of the Baseball hall of Fame and the Farmers Museum.

Originally posted by UltraGN
Rush is about 1/2 hour south of Rochester. Rochester has several museums (Strong Museum, Eastman-Kodak). There is a historical aircraft museum in Geneseo which is very close to Rush. Letchworth State Park has some cool gorges and is also very close.

Then head east a few hours to Cooperstown that is the home of the Baseball hall of Fame and the Farmers Museum.

haha my dad said baseball is for pussies.... he is not going to cooperstown can you believe it... i dont like baseball either but if i could go i would.

I live next to Rush. Its basically a dot that gets traveled through to hit Henrietta(part of rochester) the interstate 390 and its close to the thruway rt90. There is a nice little inn for some chow, a nice icecream stand, and a scenic view of a small waterfall.

About 7 miles easy you can see a quaimt liitle town called Honeoye Falls. They have a bigger waterfall that is pretty cool.

But if your looking for a busier place Henrietta is next to Rush. Its packed with evrey chain resturaunt you can imagine. There is also the old iron transportation museum in Scottsville. Its about 3-5 miles from Rush. This museum features old steam engines, tractor, cars ect....

If you want more info I'll be happy to dig some up.