Anyone know where the tach signal wire is??

jarredsoon

Does anyone know where the 12 VDC positive tach signal wire is located. I am wanting to install a fuel pump speed controller module. Right now my fuel pump is on max all the time.

Thanks Jarred

jarredsoon said:
Does anyone know where the 12 VDC positive tach signal wire is located. I am wanting to install a fuel pump speed controller module. Right now my fuel pump is on max all the time.

Thanks Jarred

You can also get the tach signal from the (white) ESC wire coming from your ECM

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

The wire may not be green. However, the connector on the end of it is. There is also a gray wire paired with it. That one is the fuel pump test connector.

RemoveBeforeFlight

what does the wire/green connector connect to?? or come from??
Sorry I am so confused.
I will check again tonight.
Thanks guys!!

It originates from pin E on the ignition control module. It also feeds the dash tachometer. I just noticed that you have an '89 TTA, I do not know if they have the tach & fuel pump connectors behind the alternator.

The wire is likely white in color.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I had same issue with my GN because previous owner installed Gen7 ECM and it replaces the factory wiring harness. Signal comes from pin E from ignition module. If I remember right, its the 8 wire connector and 6th wire from left to right. I can check for you if need be...just let me know

What would be the point of doing this? Your fuel pump is supposed to be on full speed all the time, the regulator controls the pressure in the rail. Adjustable regulator would be the usual way of changing the pressure.

What would be the point of doing this? Your fuel pump is supposed to be on full speed all the time, the regulator controls the pressure in the rail. Adjustable regulator would be the usual way of changing the pressure.

NO You need less voltage to the pump when the car is at idle and at low rpm, then full voltage at high rpm and wot. This is according to the manufacturers instructions. I have a billet aeromotive adjustable pressure regulator to adjust the fuel pressure.
See link
http://aeromotiveinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/16302.pdf

He's doing an external pump, some of them get hot just driving around pumping wide open all the time, they aren't sitting in a tank of fuel keeping them cool.

I should have been more clear, I am doing an external pump Aeromotive proseries with -12 inlet/outlet, before and after fuel filters, aeromotive pressure regulator, and champion fuel rails, 80lb injectors. I already have everything plumbed in but need the speed controller as the car is going to see more light duty on the street. Before I was simply trailering it to the track and only driving to the staging lanes and back to the trailer.