Anyone know Trae Liberty from Perris CA????????????????????????

I sold this Trae guy an '87 grille last summer on eBay. He was sending me hate mail two days after he sent payment wanting to know when he was getting his grille.... I emailed him back explaining the distance between Wisconsin and California. His emails were all ghetto talk, too, signing them "One Love" at the end.

Hope you get some justice out of this deal.

What this genius doesn't really understand is how small and tight the comunity is. If he blows the engine or has major problems he will have hell trying to get it fixed.:D

Played the telephone merry go round with the sheriff's dept out there today. Officer called the other day and didn't leave her badge number. Seems there are about 25 other officers with the same last name! Not giving up yet.

Ship to and bill to don't match, NO SALE.

maybe I'm reading this wrong but......when I order parts, the bill goes to me, the shipping went to Otto's Performance......
...in other words the 'ship to' and 'bill to' dont match.......some things they won't ship to a home address...for starters.....

anyway, back on track, let's hope Mark, Jack, and anyone else who got screwed, nail this guy to the wall (being nice here)...............

Grumpy said:
:eek: !!!! thats great BUT like ya said lets not do a happy dance yet ! Obviously ya have his attention :cool: One of these days I have to find a guy in Bristol, Ct.. Have a rubber check from him.. He just disappeared into thin air :rolleyes: Every dog have there day !! GOOD LUCK !!

Pm me the details. I'll stop by

longball said:
maybe I'm reading this wrong but......when I order parts, the bill goes to me, the shipping went to Otto's Performance......
...in other words the 'ship to' and 'bill to' dont match.......some things they won't ship to a home address...for starters.....

The vendor has the right to decline this type of transaction

Sounds like its Road Trip time. Haven't you been needing a vacation lately?

~JM~

As great as this is going, and it is great, I would like to see the same kind of help one day for other members regardless if they are a major vendor, popular or a nobody. That will impress me even more.

I can't wait for an outcome on this!

D

Hey Mark,

Jacks been busy working, trying to recoup the $800 we lost from this guy :mad:... so he just forwarded me your emails. I'm waiting to hear back from the sherrifs department. In other news, we have a customer who's in the navy out there and he gave me ANOTHER phone number (haven't tried yet), email address, and hopefully getting back to me with his commanding officers. I'll keep you updated if we hear anything more...

As great as this is going, and it is great, I would like to see the same kind of help one day for other members regardless if they are a major vendor, popular or a nobody. That will impress me even more.

I can't wait for an outcome on this!

D

You mean like when Billy's car was stolen or when all those people were taken by that guy who's name escapes me? Sheesh.

Not to the bearer of bad news but the Sheriffs office may not be the best place to begin, I work for a Sheriffs office, have for ten plus years, my father retired as lead detective after 25 years and I have see these types of problems quite often. You may want to get in contact with your local prosecutor and explain your situation to them, sounds like they can file criminal conversion and theft charges against him,possibly fraud on a financial institution, you may also try the prosecutor in his county of residence! If convinced, they should have enough to file the charges and find probable cause to hold him with a bond! If he would pay the bond then it would be distributed to courts and plantiff after the resolution of his case! If you would need any help, feel free to pm me, I have alot of resources in my profession that may be useful....I also have several close friends that are cut throat attorneys, that may have some advice for this situation. Just hate to see this happen to good people! Again if you need any help, let me know!

Gerry! I sure hope that Jack disputed the chargeback! They only give you about a week to dispute it or you are out of luck. Once I disputed it a few days later the money was back in my account like I stated before. BUT, the card issuer that was defrauded can dispute my dispute and the money will be gone again. Just waiting to get THAT email. If they don't dispute within 60 days then the case is considered closed. Will see but not hopeful.

Funny, one of the sheriff's I talked to was actually an old Navy man and he gave me some info on who to contact, still working on getting a hold of the guy. Not sure at this point how much of a case I have since the money is back in my account. I just can't spend it. Really need to find out who that Kimberly Cassidy person is who was on the credit card that was used. If she is totally unaffiliated with this jerk and it is truly a stolen card then we have a pattern here that the cops can use. Wonder how many others have been hit.

I will find out who she is tomorrow, if you have any identifiers for her (City, State) pm me so I can locate the right one!

Kimberly Cassidy Los Angeles CA is the cardholder, believe she was on Brockton Ave. Don't have the info on this computer. Will post complete address in the morning.