Anyone know about Sea Doo's?

Captain Mark

I have the opportunity to buy 2 1994 Sea Doo GTX 3 seaters with the trailer for $3500. I haven't seen them yet, but my son says they are in great shape with low hours. The owner bought 2 new ones, thought he had the old ones sold, but the guy couldn't come up with the money. The owner really needs to unload them. If they are in good shape, it sounds like a pretty good deal. What do I need to look for. Never had any of these types of vehicles before.

Can't say about the 9-year old units, but more recent models are very near bullet-proof when you consider how many are brutalized almost every second of run-time.

I'd stop by local dealers for them & yak with some service (tech/wrench) personnel...no one knows like they do.

There is also a "Used Recreational Watercraft Price Guide", like a Kelly Blue Book for automobiles, that may still have that year/model listed.

We prowl around in the Coastal Waterways with a pair, and they are a lot of fun. Avoiding the wakes of other boats is a quickly-learned skill, and we really enjoy being out on ours.

HTH :)

Check the compression of the engines and ask the service dept what good compression should be. The motors are subject to premature wear if they are not warmed up before going WOT.

welp..

I have 5 Sea-Doo's from 1992-1997..

what ya need to know??

email me directly..

Jim

They are probably 80hp twins.

Personally I dont like 3 seaters, they are too tough to swamp, spin out easy and cant cut nearly as nice as a two seater. Also two seaters get more air. Two seaters suck for two people though!

Top speed will probably be in the high 40's. Rotax engines (all Sea Doos have them) are amazingly bullet proof, but 9 yrs old may be pushing it. Then again a lot of jet skis just sit in yards for years at a time. The newer ones have digital hour meters.

I decided to pass on the Sea-Doos. They looked a little old for me. I would rather have some newer ones.

Thanks for the input,

You really need to look for '96 and newer Sea Doos. In '96 the XP went from 85 to 105hp. A huge difference. The motors in them are really tough and suprisingly cheap to replace. Cheaper to replace than rebuild, in fact. I agree that two seaters are only good for 1 average individual or 2 thin girls.
The best thing about them is they are so much fun you won't be able to get off 'em and then tou won't be able to walk after you beat yourself up on them for hours.