anyone know a turbo engine builder in orlando

Turbo V6 231

weekend warrior
I am looking to start work on my engine build and was curious if anyone knew of a good reliable engine builder of the 86/87 3.8 turbo motors in the Orlando, FL. area??

Thanks

Kevin at KDK Performance is finishing my motor up now. Does a LOT of work on TR's, in fact there's usually 10-15 of them sitting on his lot. Tell him Mike sent you, and that Mike is expecting his car back by July 7th. LOL!

They are on Edgewater Rd in Orlando, great guy and well respected.

Thanks for the quick response,I have heard of him and I will call him and setup an appointment to bring it in,I found his website
Thanks again,by the way what are you getting done to yours it may give me some ideas,its been about 12 years since my last gn I owned and times have changed for upgrades to these motors,I am looking for a solid lower end and as much power from these stock blocks as i can get without any damage. LOL

Stick with KDK. Kevin, Rob and Paul will take good care of you. They know TR's as good as anyone.

Chris In Jacksonville

231, Kevin is building a stroker motor for me, with a roller cam set up, new mains, ported intake, cleaning up some ported irons, etc. Just a lil something saucy for the street. ;)

Man, we're changing out EVERYTHING. Crank, rods, pistons, balancer, flywheel, cam, lifters, pushrods, rockers, injectors.......you name it . Oh...and he's gotta fix my A/C. Damn, my wallet's gettin light..........

mike,sounds good are you purchasing everything seperate (shopping for your own stuff)or is kevin getting it all for you?
how are his prices ,I know I will spend some money,but don't want to have to sell the house for it,or my wife,well maybe,LOL.
Thanks again,stroker sounds good,still stock block?

Yep, stock original block. You should see where they had to notch the block for clearance with that stroker crank. Whew....tight fit stuffing that thing in there!

For the most part I'm letting Kevin get parts. He's getting them from the same vendors you or I would. They are not cheap, but I'd say his pricing is fair. I'm just glad to have my motor in the hands of someone who knows what the hell he's doing with a turbo Buick.

Kevin at KDK Performance is finishing my motor up now. Does a LOT of work on TR's, in fact there's usually 10-15 of them sitting on his lot. Tell him Mike sent you, and that Mike is expecting his car back by July 7th. LOL!

They are on Edgewater Rd in Orlando, great guy and well respected.

I agree with contacting Kevin at KDK. Full service shop, and chasis dyno to boot.

As stated he is a great guy, knows the cars very well. I know for a fact he also deals with Dan Strezo at DLS Engine Development for some of the go fast parts, and share support information.

Joe

P.S. I don't believe Cal is in the engine building business any longer.

Kevin at KDK is my recommendation too. hes doing my stroker now. last i heard Cal is no longer building motors, just retailing parts.

Kevin built my car (before I bought it). Still runs great. Called him after I bought it and he briefed me on the car build up. Very helpful!

Hey Vader, if your car still runs great, why are you building that Stroker? just the need for more speed? LOL!

Kevin at KDK is my recommendation too. hes doing my stroker now. last i heard Cal is no longer building motors, just retailing parts.

Have you seen your modified block yet? It was frightening to me to see a notch cut out of it, what Kevin calls "massaging the block". I'd post a pic I took of mine if I knew how.

y1pa9nJN2OTw2YSSvkc22UtP9nh1iFtwic99PYi3LbHd1lzvymG4fZQyYRC2aN6N9J4

ive seen others clearanced that much and they are fine. i have faith in kevins ability to do an engine just by the reviews and posts ive seen about him on here. im using a 4.1 stage 1, maybe it wont need as much clearancing???

Yeah, I rotated the crank to where the rod bolt was right there.....and thinking about that thing rootating at 6000 RPMs, that C L O S E to the side of the block is a bit unnerving, tho. I'm not sure the pic does it justice, came out pretty blurry.

i dont know, isnt that still a big distance when it comes to a motor's tolerances? id think if it moved enough to hit that it would mean your motor's going anyways.