anyone in Vancouver, WA

Well the old 231 finally gave out, not surprising for on engine that sat for 5 years. I have a rebuilt 252 long block and I'm ready for my first engineering swap. Problem is I'm starting to freak out! Is there anyone in Vancouver, WA I could contact if I get into a mess? Thanks.

Post your questions on here, and there are many of us that can help. The 252 (4.1) is NO different than a 3.8 as far as removing/replacing. Unless you look at the "4.1" cast into the side of the block, you can't tell the difference. That is, if you are running a 1979 or newer 3.8. In '79 they changed to a high port cylinder head, and they look different, and won't work on a 4.1 due to water port issues.
Or...PM me for my phone number if you can't figure things out.

Thanks for the offer, I'm sure to take you up on it. I'll be replacing a tired '78. I have a beefed up cam in the 4.1, an edelbrock manifold, some short headers on the way, and 2 carbs to choose from, both edelbrock 500 and 600 cfm. Which one do you think? Also this might be a good time to fabricate a cold air intake as hood clearance and air flow might be tight.

Also would be nice to have a Buick buddy in Vancouver for some extra 'boots on the ground' if in a jam if anyone interested.