anyone in indiana ??

Re: South Bend Area

Originally posted by QKRNYRS
I live in Edwardsburg MI, just across the boarder from Indiana. Used to live in South Bend. I've got a couple of firends with some Fast cars. Mine has only run 10.80's We hang out whereever. Boost86, I see that you're an officer, just so you know, we never break the speed limit :) :eek: ;) We just hang out go to the car shows around the area and so forth. This time of year, it's hanging in the garage ... Getting ready for next year.

Pat

Pat, one of my friends, Tony Pengalla, was telling me about you yesterday whenever I was talking about the stuff I was doing on my TTA. Where do you guys normally meet at whenever it's actually nice outside? I wouldn't mind joining sometime. I think I have seen you at Osceola Dragstrip a couple times.

Not to steal this thread (and I won't) but if you TTA people want to come hang out at my Summer Fling this July 23rd (post soon to be created) GM Heritage is going to be sending one of the 89 TTA's that actually paced INDY that year :)

I usually only have one TTA in attendance and would love to see more of you. It is a 4 hour drive from Lafayette to Chelsea so I completely understand if you don't attend, just trying to bribe here....

Hello 72firebird,

I am in the Midwest area also very close to South Bend. I sent you an email. I met Pat at the drag strip last year. I was tuning on our Buick and he walked up to me a started talking, and wow I learned allot from him.

Pat shows up at the track with a baby car seat in the back seat, pops the trunk, installs his racing slicks, does a few modification to his FAST system and then rips off some 10 second passes. Or his friend Brian shows up with his car, not on a trailer by the way, and runs some low low low 10 second passes pulling both front tires about two feet off the ground when he launches. Those guys are insane.

And by the way hello Pat, thanks for your help this past summer.

Re: South Bend Area

Originally posted by QKRNYRS
I live in Edwardsburg MI, just across the boarder from Indiana. Used to live in South Bend. I've got a couple of firends with some Fast cars. Mine has only run 10.80's We hang out whereever. Boost86, I see that you're an officer, just so you know, we never break the speed limit :) :eek: ;) We just hang out go to the car shows around the area and so forth. This time of year, it's hanging in the garage ... Getting ready for next year.

Pat

HAHA ya I bet u dont break the speed limit just like i dont :D I'll have to make a trip and hang out with u guys this summer hope to meet more turbo buick owners. I live in Logansport its about an hour south of South Bend.

Sam, good to hear from you. I had a great time last year. The more people that I meet the more fun the summer is. We'll have to spend some time together this year, all of us that are local.

72firebird Yep, I know Tony. He sold his GN last year to a friend of mine. He has it all torn apart and is ready to go back together. I plan on being at the strip alot this year.

Sometime this year, I plan on having a get together at my house. Maybe a Friday night we can go to Oceola Dragstrip and then back to the house. Or Saturday.... who knows, I'll let you all know. It'll be a fun time. There'll be alot of Bench racing I'm sure.

Pat