Anyone here running repaired steel crank?

WIKEDV6

Anyone running repaired steel crank? If so what kind of numbers (HP, or time) Would you guys recommend it for a 10 sec car?
T.I.A

Prasad:D

It really depends upon the damage and the required repair.. Personally I would not run a crank that had a crack repair, however if it just had a hurt rod journal, they can grind the journal down past damage and any coating then under water ark weld the journal and grind back to standard. If this is done properly, you will have a hard time even finding the repair. If you cryo the crank after a repair this will eliminate any instability in the weld patch. I would preffer to buy the crank hurt so I knew what was wrong before the repair.

Regards
Rob

slung a rod...

I bought a BMS 3.625 stroke crank a while back that had a bad rod journal....ended up givin it too a friend of mine Lee Thompson. Maybe he can chime in here. I think he sent it too Crankshaft Specialties in Tennessee and had them repair it. I saw the crank b4 and after repair and couldn't not tell it had been repaired afterwards. He runs it now in his 10 sec hot-air with no probs so far...I'd run one if repaired properly.