Anyone here in Niagara Region?

captaincasual

Just wanted to say hello from Niagara, and wondered if there are many members in our area? I purchased my 1987 grand national 2 years ago with a Chevrolet 350/350 trans. Last summer I pulled the 350 and had a 454 built for it. We dyno'd the motor a few weeks ago and am excited for some warmer weather so I can start fitting the big block. MY car is rust free and very complete with a recent lower budget resto and gnx fender vents. I'm trying to keep everything as stock as possible but decided to go with a 454. I always loved the buick gnat and wanted something easy to tune for street and strip. I hope to meet some other people who own the best looking, most recognizable muscle car of the last 30 years!

Where do you mean by Niagara? I'm in Wheatfield, NY about 20 minutes from Niagara Falls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you located? I'm in north tonawanda/Wheatfield

I'm actually in Niagara on the lake in Canada which borders Niagara Falls Canada (for the uninitiated). Tonawanda is a short trip from here, hope to see u this summer. Any chance your heading to the hot rod power tour in June?

Maybe. I'll have to check into that. There are a few of us going to Norwalk together in May. My one friend who is going is from Mississauga. if you're interested let me know?

Thanks for the offer, if I can get the car together in time I would gladly attend. Lots to do but need some warm weather.

I just looked into the hot Rod power tour. It looks pretty cool. I think I may do it. Let me know if you plan on doing it. It's the week after Norwalk. June 6-13

I'm already registered for the long haul (Madison Wisconsin to Baton Rouge LoLouisiana). My only issue is to have my drivetrain in and running. Lots of testing to do also! I will definitely let you know when we get closer.

Id like to do the long haul also. I will have to decide soon so I can get pre registered.

Welcome to the site.
Lots of good people in your area. Let us know if you have any questions or need help. :)

Happy spooling...
Mike Barnard

I'm already registered for the long haul (Madison Wisconsin to Baton Rouge LoLouisiana). My only issue is to have my drivetrain in and running. Lots of testing to do also! I will definitely let you know when we get closer.

I am pre-registered for the long-haul. Maybe we can hook up and hang together?

Ty for replies! If I have my car finished I would be happy to convoy with anyone heading to the first leg. Should be a good showing of turbo buicks!

Ty for replies! If I have my car finished I would be happy to convoy with anyone heading to the first leg. Should be a good showing of turbo buicks!

How is the car coming? Have you had a chance to do anything on it? I'm getting mine out tomorrow

Just got home from vacation and weather is looking good for getting the car ready for engine swap. I will post progress.

Update...motor is in. Fuel tank is being welded (sump) and I have all parts except a water pump. Anyone tried to use sbc accessories on a bbc? I have complete serpentine system for a bbc but wanted to use all the original grand national accessories on the new motor.

Update...motor is in. Fuel tank is being welded (sump) and I have all parts except a water pump. Anyone tried to use sbc accessories on a bbc? I have complete serpentine system for a bbc but wanted to use all the original grand national accessories on the new motor.