anyone have pics of trunk setups

ttypenssrider

im looking for ideas. if anyone out there has any pics of finished systems or if they are still in progress, i would like to check them out.
i have the mids/tweet installed with an amp.
just need some boom (10" or 12")and amp in the trunk.

post a link,
or
send to : ttypenssrider@aol.com

thanks people!!

I did a 88 Monte SS with dual 18" Cerwin and some Rockford power amps. I'll send you some pics but its old photos, i'll find it and try to scan it.

Here's mine. Very basic. Amp in a 5 channel Kenwood with a sub channel at 120 watts RMS, Sub is a Rockford Fosgate 10" and crossover is a clarion 3 way that controls all the speakers. I've got Sony 6 x 9s 3-ways in the trunk, and Infinity Kappa 5 1/4 components with passive crossovers in the concert II door locations. Sound is awsome when compared with the original factory setup. Oh, and the Head unit is a Clarion Marine M5675 CD/FM unit. Here's the link:

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=50455320

Rayk how does that hit. I was going to do 1 10 also. I don't want block shaking bass just some nice tight sound. Is that bos fit for that sub or just thrown together.

How hard it hits depends on one's frame of reference. It's an off-the-shelf sealed enclosure made for most any 10" sub but on our cars, the height is the important measurement. Can't be more than about 14 inches, as I recall and this one was one of only a few that wasn't too tall. It hits plenty hard and tight for my taste which is for Old Rock and jazz music. I play it loud enough that my wife makes me turn it down when she's in the car. It gives out a definite thump on the low notes and I don't even have the gain on the sub channel turned all the way up. It's surprising just how much bass you can get with a 10 incher and 120 watts RMS. Works for me.

Thanks Ray sounds good to me. I'll take your word for it. I may go with that 1 10 but build a box for a particular sub to match it better and get the utmost potential.

It might be kind of fun to build a custom box. I forgot to mention that I stuffed my enclosre with about a pound + of poly fill material. It made the bass a little tighter and deeper. Good luck with yours.

2 12s will fit on the "shelf". You have to pull the rear speakers out but they definately fit, had them in my TR. going to 1 12 my self...the 2 were just to much. By the way, you can fire it forward and it will sound great IF you isolate it to the front of the car only.

Max height for full width box is 12.5" (has to be shorter because of the curve of the trunk lip).

I'm working on a nice set up in my trunk. As usual, I will post pics when done.

That looks real nice. What kind of wood are u using around the trunk. How do you secure all that wood. I would love to make my trunk look real clean like that but I wouldn't know how to secure all that wood. I would think it also weighs a ton and will rattle a lot. I also have a Full size spare and I wanted to box it in or somthing cause it looks like crap.

2 12s will fit on the "shelf". You have to pull the rear speakers out but they definately fit, had them in my TR. going to 1 12 my self...the 2 were just to much. By the way, you can fire it forward and it will sound great IF you isolate it to the front of the car only.

I would have to diagree. I have 2 MTX 8000 12's on my rear package shelf. And I still have my eclipse 4x10's back there. One of these days I'll get some pics of that setup, it killer....

In all honesty, I never tried it with the 4x10s. I just figured th box wouldn't go in wit them. I', not using them anyway so it really makes no diff to me...sorry for the bad info.

as far as connecting the wood panels, I'll use a mixture of pop clips and strategically placed screws. It won't rattle a bit.

The wood is luan and particle board, back panel is (will be) done in fibergalss.

Originally posted by ttypenssrider
im looking for ideas. if anyone out there has any pics of finished systems or if they are still in progress,
i would like to check them out.
send to : ttypenssrider@aol.com

thanks people!!

Click on my link in my sig and you will see my complete install in my '86 GN. I am redoing the trunk eventually to plexi-glass and fiberglass but I am concentrating on my other cars first!

gary biggs

Gary Biggs:

cover01_big05.jpg

cover01_big06.jpg