Anyone have old school BMX??? looking for old school

This kind of looks like the GJS I had was the A-frame had profile cranks on it that I loved. think I broke 3 sets of redline flights

I rode a Kuwahara laserlight and my brother built... best bike we had I thought with powerlite bars.

I bought this book a few months back.. it's a must see.

image.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

My early eighties mongoose. Chrome moly frame and moto mags. My brother had a red twin to it. My kids are rolling it now.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
My friend had a nickle plated mongoose. That bike needs to be restored. Very cool bike back in the day

wow this thread brings back memories for me. Kuwahara, I haven't heard that name in two decades. I have an 83 Diamond Back BMX tucked away at my mother's place, I think I'll go dig it out this weekend and see if I can still tear it up like back in the day.

wow this thread brings back memories for me. Kuwahara, I haven't heard that name in two decades. I have an 83 Diamond Back BMX tucked away at my mother's place, I think I'll go dig it out this weekend and see if I can still tear it up like back in the day.

I did take mine out about two years ago. I went a quarter mile from my house and then went and got the mountain bike with gears.LOL

My favorite bike was a Diamondback Formula 1.
I was set up for BMX first, then I threw some freestyle parts on it.
Later I sold it and picked up a Haro Team Master and dreamed of being Dennis McCoy and Ron Wilkerson...

The only bike I currently have built is a S&M RV 24".

I have stashed away a Kappa K-24 frame and fork, and a Hutch Pro Racer frame (not in great condition).

I also have a complete 1988 GT Pro Freestyle somewhere :) LOL

Interested in selling the Kappa?

Not at this time.. I plan to build it one of these days. (sure you have heard that before).

It is freshly powder coated white with new stickers! :)

Last year I rebuilt my 1992 Robinson Pro with 3 peice profile cranks, araya rims and gt racelace hubs. Now it just hangs on the wall and never gets used. You can dump alot of money into building one of these bikes.

I also collect these things. As of now I have a Hutch TrickStar, my original owner candy red Hutch Judge,a freestyle Quadangle,a Torker 280X,my sisters original owner Redline 500A,and for my rider an Azusa cruiser[its a retro of a JMC] plus piles of parts. I had 6 freestyle Quads a few years ago

Put me first in line if you ever want to sell the Kappa, I'll take it.

well.. it's not as old, but just picked up tonight a 1998 GT Pro-series "world champion" with 3-piece cranks and all. in great shape for <$150