Anyone have an image of the Stock TTA chip?

dthrock

With our ****ty 90 octane gas here the RA93 chip I have in the TTA is to hot. I cant find the stock chip. Does anyone have an image of it, or an image of a chip that will work with a nearly stock TTA at 3700 ft elevation and crap 90 octane Super Unleaded?

Dave

The stock chip will probably be worse, most Red chips run 20 degrees of timing.

Call up PTE and tell them you need a chip with low timing for crappy gas. They do this all the time.

Yes, but that means paying someone $40 to $70 for a chip. If I have a stock image I can just modify it myself. I have the tools I need to make chips, just need a starting point.

Dave

I could do that, but I wanted to compare the stock chip with the RA one which was actually made for the GN when it was mostly stock.
Do you know if they setup would be the same for the TTA as for the GN? Obviously it is close enough to run, but not really run well.

Dave

You can get it here:

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/ecmsensors/ecmpage.html

Enjoy,

Thanks Jason, just what I needed

Just what I thought, the injectors are set at 32.2. Im betting the RA chip is set to 28. Im sure there are other issues in there to I need to fix.

Dave

Thats how they compensated for the 45 lb fuel pressure regulator vs the GN 37 lb regulator..

The stock chip pings pings pings..26 degrees timing at WOT yeow :eek:

Wonder why our gas lid says premium fuel only ;)

Hmmmm, seems you are blaming the chip and gas for your poor performance. Are you sure everything else is in tip-top shape? You wouldn't be over-boosting would you? All filters clean, intake tract clean, decent plugs???

Originally posted by Scott231
Hmmmm, seems you are blaming the chip and gas for your poor performance. Are you sure everything else is in tip-top shape? You wouldn't be over-boosting would you? All filters clean, intake tract clean, decent plugs???

I could be, but all those things have been changed in the last couple hundred miles. Im basically going back to as low end as I can for protection and then going to try to figure out thats going on. Im getting knock at like 8 or 10 psi. The GN is almost finished, once I get that done Ill tear into this project and see what I can figure out.

Dave