Anyone got 17" whees on the GN?

Mustang 1

I have an idea for the wheels and tires for my 1987 GN. The w heels are made by Edelbrock. Edelbrock 409 wheels in polished aluminum in the 17x8 size with 245/45/zr17 tires. Give me some opinions if they will fit if anyone has 17" wheels please give your impression. The overall diameter of the tires are 25.7 which is exactly the same as a 245/50/16. The 215/65/15 tires are 26.0. Backspacing recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Test My 6, do you have a picture of the gauges on your headliner? The layout pictures looked pretty good.

Nice ride.

Haha, I have these wheels on my car. Got them for a great price though, or else I dont think they are worth the crazy 500 a piece. I have 235/45/17 tires on all four as my daily cruising. Many people compliment them saying that they are some of the best wheels they have seen on a GN. My suspension is pretty worn out and if I hit a good dip in the road the front tires will touch the top of the wheel wells. Also, there is a little plastic piece that sticks out in front of the tires, on the wheel well, and the tires will hit it if I turn the wheel a certain amount. But its no big deal, just makes a sort of annoying and embarrasing sound. It may have been because I got the wrong backspacing on the wheels, because we failed to look at that when I got them.

Bob86gn-> the headliner gauge pod is actually installed in my cousins car it came out Awesome!!! I gotta take some new pics soon.

87we4 gray -> I made the gauge panel with the help of BFH ( engraver1.com ) he put the final touches on and made the custom overlay,Contact him if intrested he does excellent work!!!

Menace-> I'm not sure if you meant you have the same wheels I do I paid 275 ea. for the fronts and 285 ea. rears from an american racing outlet . There just a pain to keep clean

yeah i have edelbrock 409s but they are chrome also so its even worse to clean

Sorry but chrome is ALOT easier to clean than polished aluminum,I just bought a new tub of mother's:mad: I hate to think about it

I have 285-40-17s on 9.5 inch rims with 5 inch of backspacing on the rear and 255-45-17s on 8.5 inch rims with 4.5 inch of backspacing on the front of my GN. Wheels are 3 piece Simmons. Check out www.groupawheels.com
Tarey D.