Anyone ever make a headlight buzzer?

J Banning

Quench my thirst with C16
Anyone ever make a headlight buzzer for their Buick? I'm used to driving newer cars that have a chime/buzzer that signals when you leave the car with the lights on. Now that I'm driving the car every day it is just a matter of time before I leave the lights on and end up with a dead battery late at night at the train station.

-Banning.

you could prolly rip one of the little units out of some other car and wire it up in yours. See if you can trace the wiring in the donor car and duplicate it.

I was under the impression that the cars with the optional headlight warning chime simply had a different chime module plugged into the convenience center.

I copied this info from a previous thread:

Chime module for headlight warning, GM part #25524794.
The optional 87 chime module has no separate wires, just 6 terminals, 4 on top and 2 on bottom. The standard box has only four pins.

Banning,
Just go to the Buick dealer and order up the chime module. It will do what you want it to. If you need help on the install hook up with me at the next meeting. Module cost somewhere between 30-40 bucks
BOB:cool:

This sounds like a good idea. I've killed my battery twice so far from doing this. I am always forgetting to turn my lights off. Where does the module go? How hard of an install is it?

$29??
$30-40??
That may work, but it sounds a little expensive. I went to Radio Snack, and bought a 'Bong, Bong' unit(feable attempt at imitating the sound), for like $5. Then I hooked it up to the fuse box. The thing had 3 wires I believe. Power Ground and Trigger. I think the trigger wire was Pos, so just twist that with the Power, and hook it up to the fuse box. Conect it to a source that is only on when the lights are on. If the trigger wire is neg, then just tie that in with the ground instead. Now, the tricky part. Hook the Ground wire up to the IGN. Works great.

Brian

may GN had this option and a previous owner took out thre module. NOW I have a new Module but cannot find the connector. He musta really tucked it up there good. I have been under the dash many time and still connot find it. lol.

Just go to Walmart or any parts stores and ask for the headlight buzzer. About 1/4" in size and white in color. About $3.00 and it comes with instructions & clip so that you can attach it to the fuse.

Gary

It is a PITA to find that chime module under the dash. If you are facing the dash, it is to right of the column, close to the column. It is tucked in toward the back of the dash. It is black, about the size of a pack of smokes. Hope that helps some.

yea that helps but mine has been removed so Im looking for the harness and connector. tucked away good

Wagons idea is good for the cheap buzzer/beeper alternative.

The IGN terminal goes from hot to a gnd when shut off.

That's how I got my flashing LED to only blink with the key off.

Put the GND terminal on the IGN source, won't light when key is on and glows fine when the key is off.

Gotta hunt down a spare chime module too price isn't that bad with a large GMParts order. :cool:

As stated in the previous post, the chime module plugs into the convenience center located between the steering column and radio behind the dash. There should be two boxes located next to each other that plug into the convenience center. The large one is the chime module, the small square one is the horn relay. The best approach is to remove the cover under the steering column and go in from the bottom.

Installation is usually easier than removal once you find the location, since the locking latch does not have to be held open while you are trying to install the new piece, it simply will snap into place as you install the box.

It might be worth a trip to the salvage yard to see how the modules are situated in a stripped car before you install yours.

Anybody have the part number for the Chime Module with the headlight warning? I can't seem to find it on gmpartsdirect.com.

Thanks,

Originally posted by mgmshar
Anybody have the part number for the Chime Module with the headlight warning? I can't seem to find it on gmpartsdirect.com.

Thanks,

Sure!

Chime module for headlight warning, GM part #25524794.

HTH :)

Yeah, I knew the part number was at the beginning of the thread. I was justing testing everyone. Congrats, you passed!

Later,

You could always do what I do to my cars (and most smart manufaturers do OEM) wire the headlight switch up to the key.
Key off - lights off.

GO TO WALMART

the automotive section at mine has 3m brand headlight warning buzzers

three dollars

one, two, three.
not thirty, not 40, not 29..

three