Anyone else here drive an Avalanche?

I have thought about getting a used one because it seems to fill lots of needs like pickup, & family hauler & possible trailer puller?

How do you like it so far?

Got an 03 without body cladding couple of months ago. Already got the nerf bars and billet grill on. I love this truck !!

I didn't know you could get them without the body cladding. Personally, I didn't care to have it with or without, but some people down this truck for that. Do you have a pic of what it looks like without the cladding??

The "without body hardware" or WBH option just became available in '03. That's the only way I'd buy one. I didn't care for the cladding.
Scott, what color is yours? Which nerf bars did you end up buying? Have you joined the Avalanche fan club message board?
So far, I love this thing. 4 full doors and it seats 6. Then a lockable 8.1' bed when I need it. Got 17 mpg first tank!

On Saturday I got passed on the right twice within 10 minutes on a single lane road during a traffic jam. Both times, two different Avalanches. They just barged in and cut everyone off that had been waiting in line. I sincerly hope they get postrate cancer. Just because you drive a vehicle that's as big as a house doesn't give you the right to be an fecal waste hole to everyone else on the road.

my brother has minus with no body clad.....Dropped a set of 23's on it. Tow's great......comfortable in the back seat....

Easy there, Pronto!

Originally posted by Pronto
On Saturday I got passed on the right twice within 10 minutes on a single lane road during a traffic jam. Both times, two different Avalanches. They just barged in and cut everyone off that had been waiting in line. I sincerly hope they get postrate cancer. Just because you drive a vehicle that's as big as a house doesn't give you the right to be an fecal waste hole to everyone else on the road.

I agree that those two driver's were inconsiderate losers but don't lump everyone into that category just because of the vehicle. I've met plenty of A-holes driving TR's, Mustangs, Vette's and everything else with wheels. And please don't wish cancer on anyone; it's horrible.

Almost bought an 02' about 15 mths ago. At the time they didn't have the custom made caps for the back of them yet (have a dog) which was a factor in deciding. Drove both the Tahoe and the Av's. Ended up with a 02' Tahoe LT. Great truck. Drives pretty much the same as the AV. The AV was a little bit louder, but other than that the same. One thing that is UGLY is the North Face Editions..YUK!

My dad bought a silver one about 2 months ago and I love it. For some reason, GM puts lighter cladding on the silver ones and it looks almost like it matches. I think they look goofy without it, like they aren't wide enough or something. One thing is for sure, they are the ultimate tailgate vehicle!

I think the Cadillac EXT is the same thing as the avalanche but with monchrome paint scheme. I would by the Av and have everything painted and put some big wheels on it and have the EXT for a lot less.

Originally posted by Scott Atk
http://www.chevrolet.com/avalanche/index.html

There's a pic on this page, or else click on photos and get the "360 degree virtual tour"

As I said before.. I didn't mind the cladding and for slight off road excursions where branches like to come out and scratch, the cladding may be a good thing. Still, looking at this picture, I also like it without the cladding. Seems very clean.

Sounds like GM listened to the complaints. Maybe a trend is starting.

Originally posted by hanly2
and have the EXT for a lot less.

You've never priced out an EXT huh? Caddy's are a LOT more than the AVs. You could get an Av for 30k ish....can't touch a caddy for that price.

I would by the Av and have everything painted and put some big wheels on it and have the EXT for a lot less.

You have to read the whole thing. the EXT is like 20g's more then the AV. Thats why I said buy the AV and paint all the cladding the same body color and it will look just as good as the EXT for 19g's less.

Ah, yea, that makes more sense! :) Not sure of all the differences, but I think the EXT comes standard w/the 345hp 6.0L V8 vs. the 285hp 5.3 and it comes with a lot of electro gizmos...like stability control, traction etc...that you would expect in a Caddy..for 50K!

Originally posted by Pronto
They just barged in and cut everyone off that had been waiting in line.

Were you in the T when it happend??
That is why I keep those pennies handy!

A Dude in Honda barged in on me today with no blinker. Payback is a BITCH :D

I still like this truck it seems to wear many hats. How does it accelerate? That is my favorite area.

My dad has the '02 all done up ZR1(?2?) package with everything in the tan. I at first hated the truck but oh boy when I got the keys it was a blast. Took that thing to the shore my Senior weekend, and it fit 3 of us and all of our bags with so much room to spare, its like a house on wheels ! Drives so nicely too. Guys might be too old(maybe not ;) ) but its the ultimate vehicle for a drive in movie :D :cool: .

They're nice rigs and very popular around here.

Most of them have the body cladding, which is nice IMO if you spend a lot of time off pavement on dirt/gravel roads, in fields, that sort of thing.

It doesn't dent, it doesn't get scratched, and doesn't haze over from that sort of use like painted body panels will. And if you get a color that goes with the dark grey I think it looks better than the uncladded Avalanches, which are very plain.

For you guys that own the Avalanche, what kind of mileage are you getting? Is your truck 4WD or 2WD? Thanks.