Anyone else have QA1 Front Coil-overs?

Don't know about all this customizing talk, but....
I run small block QA1 conversion kit and ride height is fine with plenty of adjustment each way. Is a pain in the butt to install and probably not worth the expense. If I had it to do over I would cut a coil on the stockers.

Greg Kring
Arlington, Texas
9.05@150

Originally posted by bruce
No, what I meant was a coil over version of one of these.

http://www.stockcarproducts.com/afshocks2.htm

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. You take one of those stock replacement shocks and get a sleeve kit for it. Should be able to get the upper perch on instead of the lower rubber bushing on the shaft, and you'd want to reinforce the LCA shock mount tabs. Probably just by welding on some big fat washers or a plate.

Originally posted by Turbo6inKY
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. You take one of those stock replacement shocks and get a sleeve kit for it. Should be able to get the upper perch on instead of the lower rubber bushing on the shaft, and you'd want to reinforce the LCA shock mount tabs. Probably just by welding on some big fat washers or a plate.

I dunno.... Putting the spring load thur the end of a shock not designed for that kind of load, might lead to a failure. Getting on the brakes and having a front end suspension failure, ain't a fun time.

Using a Tubular lower arm, and rehashing it to use a real C/O would be best, IMO. For all that work, then changing to a *normal* upper mount would make sense, but it makes it all such a project.

While it'd be nice to have an easily adjustable front end, my cut LE1 springs, and Bilsteins, do work well..

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, CUT 1 COIL AND USE THE QA-1 12 WAY ADJUSTBLE SHOCK WITH THE STOCK SPRING.
THEN YOU CAN MAKE THE SHOCK AS LOOSE OR TIGHT AS YOU NEED FOR THE SITUATION ALL IN ABOUT 1 MINUTE.