Anybody want a 230mph Buick?? :)

scott brayton of coldwater michigan, was buicks man, brayton died in a indy car accident, his old crew chief still runs braytons shop, i have bought serval buick parts from him, when they quit running buick motors in indy cars they sold all their buick motors and parts, i still have two indy stage 2 4.1 motors from brayton, the one in my car was used for tire testing he told me, just rambling on,,, oc

It's not my car, btw. I'm not rich enough to buy something like that. It'd be nice to play with though huh? :eek:

I just thought it would be cool to find out a little more about these TB powered machines and thought I'd share the find. Who knows, some of you guys might be able to afford it :D

Originally posted by odell4o8
scott brayton of coldwater michigan, was buicks man, brayton died in a indy car accident, his old crew chief still runs braytons shop, i have bought serval buick parts from him, when they quit running buick motors in indy cars they sold all their buick motors and parts, i still have two indy stage 2 4.1 motors from brayton, the one in my car was used for tire testing he told me, just rambling on,,, oc

Odell,

You are a cool dude. I would like to check out your collection and BS one day.

john, back in 86 i had a new vet, the 86 vet was the pace car that year at indy, chevrolet payed my way in to the track and give me all the beer that i could drink and free food all day and i had a gasoline alley pit pass i could go anywhere i wanted, except where the crews had it roped off, i got to drive my new corvette around the track with a hundred others, we couldnt go very fast like 55 mph, back in 82 i went to the indy track with the corvette club i had a 80 then, i run the car flat out and so did a lot of other people, the track people turned the yellow light on , we had to stay behind a pace truck after that, then i got old, but i still have a old 66 vet roadster stored in the garage, i like my regal race car, damm im old, im going out to the barn and saddle up one of my wifes horses and take a ride, before i get any older, still rambling, oc

I shot this link @ my dad, since he worked as a regional service rep something or other for GM in cali around that time, and used to regularly get indy pit passes and the like.

"I knew Scotty he was a fine young man and very humble as gifted as he was. a broken tie rod put him into the wall at 200 mph and killed him a few years ago.
I have seen that very car up close because of the Buick engine and **** Simon's affiliation with GM Parts.
Good thing I dont have $59,000 to spare..."

I have a t-shirt my dad gave me from a year Brayton was the fastest qualifier, w/ Scott's car and mph on it. Neat stuff.

That is when he was racing for Menard. I remember that very clearly,and I thought that It was from the right rear tire going down.For more than 3 weeks following that practice crash it was repeatedly shown on video that tire going down.Firestone pay someone off?
Remember when Menard had the v6 sent off to Porsche,he payed upwards of 6 million to improve reliability.
AL Unser Sr. finished 3rd at Indy,the best Buick finish there. The memories.:)