Anybody know anything about these turbo kits?

Six Banger

Destination Detonation
A friend of mine was thinking about one of these systems for his Silverado. www.ststurbo.com The turbo mounts in the back where the muffler would. Anybody know if they are a good or a bad setup?

Yea they look cool

Do you ever wonder where all that built up junk in your exhaust goes? Rust, scale converter poop and such, I sure don't want my turbo to filter it out. This seems like a great idea if they last.

I don't know anything about them in particular, but I would imagine that they are laggy as HELL.

They are pretty cool kits, the turbo is pretty small and spools very well according to the owners. The Dynos ive seen on ls1s with 5 psi is over 400 hp and 500 lbs of trq. Pretty impressive if you ask me. I think the turbo kit is a great idea and design if you don't have the money for a custom kit or something like that.

We redynoed one i did tonight on an ls1 TA. with methanol injection. at 9#s of boost 100% stock motor with cats it made 476HP and 505Ft lbs of torque

People that don't know about them don't seem to like them, people who have seen them in action tend to have a different opinion.

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
People that don't know about them don't seem to like them, people who have seen them in action tend to have a different opinion.

That's usually always the case ;)

Originally posted by Night Train
I believe there is a small pump that sends it to the engine.
Youd be correct, Its a great setup for what it makes, but i dont think there is much more in it, Iwould think the turbo is as big as you can run,spool is good on it, but it is a 60-1 hifi turbo so its not very big.All the piping is relatively small so a bigger turbo probably wouldnt work that good.
But what the hell do i know
All i can say is it added 179 horsepower to a stock Ls1 at 9#s of boost being professionally tuned, I would not run the kit at all if it was not tuned on a dyno,The day after we originall y put in on it broke a piston at 6#s, Took it to the dealer and they replaced 1 piston and we didnt drive it again until it was tuned on a dyno

also if oyu are interested in one pm me as my buddy is a dealer so i can get a good price

Hi folks,

looks pretty cool and a great idea. I have a few concerns like the "using the turbo to filter exhaust junk". Also, I don't care where it is, it is going to get hot!!! Have it at about 800 deg and go through a nice puddle, then we will see how much boost it puts out. I'd like to see a picture/video of it mounted as well as the oiling system (if there was one, direct me to where it is). I am sure there is quite a presure drop with all the piping that it needs. I am no airflow expert but maybe you need to push 30 psi at the turbo to get 20 or so into the engine?

Do you think that no one else has not thought of this in the past? Like lingenfelter or keene or isuzu or nissan or GM?