Anybody ever clean their hoodliner?

floyd84

I just spent a small fortune on the new engine and my original hoodliner is nasty and getting dirt all over my polished pulleys and especially on the polished up-pipe. Has anyone tried to remove and clean theirs? Replacements are hard to come by and expensive. Is it alright for the paint to run without one? I did a search and no luck.

Floyd, I removed mine and sprayed it with simple green and hoses it off to remove the grease and dirt then let it dry. That was about 5-6 years ago and it did not damage it and it did clean it up too. If it weren't for the area above the turbo it would not look bad at all for being 22 years old now.

Gary

Gary, I took your advice except I went to the next level because it was so filthy. I removed the hoodliner, laid it out in the yard, and thoroughly hosed it off. Then I began spraying full strength simple green on it. It was obvious I needed alot more, so I soaked the entire hoodliner with a big jug of simple green and let it sit a few hours. Then I hosed it off again and let the sun do the rest. once it was dry I hit it with some compressed air and reinstalled it with retainer clips from advanced auto parts. If anybody out there has a funky looking hoodliner, I would reccomend using simple green. It definitely works.