Any updates from Bowling Green?

The refund deal was probably cancelled to prevent that sarcastic prick that takes the $$, from getting his ass whipped by a pissed off racer.............

The track has its issues , that's for sure....

Rick and Kristi are always a blast to hang out with !!
Had drinks with them as well as others, Jason Bertram , Daryl , Harry, Ross, Scot W, Gary K , Dick Holliday ....

I got to meet many people on this trip that I have dealt with on this board including Chuck Leeper , Russ and Mellisa , Grumpy, Lou , Guy , others that I can't think of at the moment. Pleasure meeting all of you !

Had a great time , made a few passes and the car went on the trailer under its own power. Great trip !

Bryan

Buick events they had a few at Indy and the car counts were never strong at all. I agree the way the refunds were handled/not handled was not good at all. Happened a few years ago I believe as well! I had a blast with TurboTimmer as i have known him about 15 years if not longer from meeting at the Autozone parking lot in BG. We came down 5 deep and even bought a car from the event home for a total of 5 haha, round trip over 1200 miles. 2 Regals drove the entire trip , one made it 500 miles so another car could be towed back! All in all a blast despite the Saturday rain and hot temps.

I would like to see the event back to October but i think it is set for September already.

This had been only my second time attending also in 06. The layout of the track, the oval area which gives two ways to the starting line and the covered seating is great! Especially in the hot sun. I love the track just wish I lived closer to it. If it was to move I would like to see It move around to different parts of the country which might be a royal pita but would be cool.

Indy or Gateway in STL Area both have great (up-to-date) tracks and seating...... :D
I would love to have it at Gateway, but being an NHRA track they have to tech all cars , roll bars , cages , license, etc...
Leaves me out.

I have personally emailed them about running my car at test n tune and Midnight Madness and letting out of it at the eighth mile.... was told no

Bryan

10 years ago I heard that will be the last year. 10 years later ppl still sayn the same thing..... temps are too hot tho imo for sept and considering some travel 30+ hours to get there that is not kool.... no pun intended

seems like other big events there they prep just fine. maybe they care less about TR's

I was only watching but the prep looked non existent. And the water box or should I say what water box? A lot of the time it looked dry. Guys were trying to do burnouts and getting a dry hop. I couldn't believe they wouldn't spray water down when needed.

A track rental is actually controlled and operated by the leasing party and all the admission, racing, and vendor fees go to the event planners, not the track..

It was 10-12 years ago when I was involved as the race director there and we had no issues like now. The track prep, scheduling and other race situations, like track prep, was also the responsibility of the race director

Myself, and a few other "veterans" with BG experience in the golden years spent lots of time together last week there to formulate a plan to bring this event back to the Buick glory years in BG!

Please just stand by for a few weeks to determine if the responsible parties can come together with a cohesive plan to make this work again for next year and beyond.

OK here goes.......

Number #1.....quit b!tchin. If you can do better, step up and put on the event.

Number #2.... instead of b!tchin, call the GSCA and voice your issues so they can be rectified. Trust me, I've called them in the past and stuff was rectified without issue. http://www.gsnationals.com/buick_gsca.htm

Number #3..... quit b!tchin, oh yea I posted that already.

Doesn't matter if the event was event was held in October, September or December...no one controls the weather. If the event would've been held in October and it rained, then the b!tchin would've started that the event should've been held in September.

Was the weather hot.......yes it was. I don't care what prep the track does, it'll only works to a certain temp. Once the track gets to a certain temp, it gets greasy and slick. How many know how to tune a suspension on hot, greasy track????

The Buick events are dwindling away and some we'll be left with nothing. We need to support the events. We have lost Norwalk, Buicks at Bristol, Reynolds GA, countless local Buick vs Mustang events and so on. The other thing that sucked was this event overlapped the Northeast Chapter's event at Cecil.

Yea, maybe it cost you $20 to enter but atleast I hung out with friends that I only see once a year <------ that has no price tag. If it cost me $20, so be it.

Nick, please keep us updated. I know Jim had his hands full. I don't know if you still have my number, if not PM here. That guy at the starting line needed some guidance. One time he had me do a burnsout in the water box.....you know how that worked out.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Last edited:
OK here goes.......

Number #1.....quit b!tchin. If you can do better, step up and put on the event.

Number #2.... instead of b!tchin, call the GSCA and voice your issues so they can be rectified. Trust me, I've called them in the past and stuff was rectified without issue. http://www.gsnationals.com/buick_gsca.htm

Number #3..... quit b!tchin, oh yea I posted that already.

Doesn't matter if the event was event was held in October, September or December...no one controls the weather. If the event would've been held in October and it rained, then the b!tchin would've started that the event should've been held in September.

Was the weather hot.......yes it was. I don't care what prep the track does, it'll only works to a certain temp. Once the track gets to a certain temp, it gets greasy and slick. How many know how to tune a suspension on hot, greasy track????

The Buick events are dwindling away and some we'll be left with nothing. We need to support the events. We have lost Norwalk, Buicks at Bristol, Reynolds GA, countless local Buick vs Mustang events and so on. The other thing that sucked was this event overlapped the Northeast Chapter's event at Cecil.

Yea, maybe it cost you $20 to enter but atleast I hung out with friends that I only see once a year <------ that has no price tag. If it cost me $20, so be it.

Nick, please keep us updated. I know Jim had his hands full. I don't know if you still have my number, if not PM here. That guy at the starting line needed some guidance. One time he had me do a burnsout in the water box.....you know how that worked out.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
Wow! Good points. A few of you guys helped me build my car. (Or built it and I just sent checks). When I blew the tranny a week before, I decided to skip BG. I wanted you guys to witness what you built.:) From what I read, everything sucked except for the camaraderie between us Buick freaks. There were so many people there that I've dealt with, but never personally met, but I could have, if not for personal pride.
I'll support any and all of the TR events that I can in the future, and Nick, Lou, and Richard, I can't wait to show off what you've built!! And the people are more important than the cars!
Cheers!

Tony is right. This year wasn't perfect but where else are you going to have this kind of experience? I can't imagine the logistics of putting on a four day event but I sure look forward to it, all year. Waiting for next year's GS Nats right now.

A track rental is actually controlled and operated by the leasing party and all the admission, racing, and vendor fees go to the event planners, not the track..

It was 10-12 years ago when I was involved as the race director there and we had no issues like now. The track prep, scheduling and other race situations, like track prep, was also the responsibility of the race director

Myself, and a few other "veterans" with BG experience in the golden years spent lots of time together last week there to formulate a plan to bring this event back to the Buick glory years in BG!

Please just stand by for a few weeks to determine if the responsible parties can come together with a cohesive plan to make this work again for next year and beyond.

I'm wondering if moving the event back to May wouldn't be a bad idea?

I went and had a blast, yes it was not perfect but not much in life is. I met some great people and saw Buicks....................good enough for me. Then I met this little charmer, even tried to buy her:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_3000.JPG
    IMG_3000.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 101