Any problems with rev x cams?

AlaskaGN

I was thinking of ordering a cam kit from Full Throttle and was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the cams, lifters, etc or installing them. This is going to be the second time for a cam swap. Flatten old one in less then a 1000 MILES. :mad: Im open for suggestions on which cam I should go with to. TE44, Dutt neck stock IC, 60 lbs, TT, 3" DP, large valve heads and mild port. I"m going to buy a Torque Converter as well at the same time. So I need direction for that too. I drive mostly on the street with some track time. Any help would be great. Thanks.

I was thinking of ordering a cam kit from Full Throttle and was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the cams, lifters, etc or installing them. This is going to be the second time for a cam swap. Flatten old one in less then a 1000 MILES. :mad: Im open for suggestions on which cam I should go with to. TE44, Dutt neck stock IC, 60 lbs, TT, 3" DP, large valve heads and mild port. I"m going to buy a Torque Converter as well at the same time. So I need direction for that too. I drive mostly on the street with some track time. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Stock bottom end and with that little turbo, you shouldn't need a big cam. I would probably do the 206/210.

WickedTT the cam that had flattened was a Schneider from TA. I did everything all the break in crap, used good oil, used ZdDp. 208/208. The thing pulled hard for a couple of times out and then gradually got worse.
I figured the Morels are the ones to go with, but is there a reason COTTONS sells kits with only Comps? I'm going to do a full rebuild on the motor this time. Billet caps, ARP bolts, forged pistons, etc. so the bottom end will be stronger. A 3000 Stall converter be about right? Whos the best for $400-$500? Thanks for the help.

WickedTT the cam that had flattened was a Schneider from TA. I did everything all the break in crap, used good oil, used ZdDp. 208/208. The thing pulled hard for a couple of times out and then gradually got worse.
I figured the Morels are the ones to go with, but is there a reason COTTONS sells kits with only Comps? I'm going to do a full rebuild on the motor this time. Billet caps, ARP bolts, forged pistons, etc. so the bottom end will be stronger. A 3000 Stall converter be about right? Whos the best for $400-$500? Thanks for the help.

Look up Dusty Bradford with the PTC converters. Those are the hot ticket around here right now. I wish I had one. 3k converter would work well with a smallish cam and your current turbo. I had a 3k on my stock engine with a pt51 and i could make 15psi plus off a foot brake (MT radials).

Sometimes those flat tappet cams are just flat out cursed. It's next to impossible to hurt a roller cam unless something crazy happens or it gets dirty.

bison also says the comp cams roller lifters are junk UNLESS THEY ARE 885'S
i had somebody offer me a set of regular comp cams roller lifters and he told me to pass on them.

bison also uses ptc convertors and from what i am told they are amazing but expensive at around $900?