Any Police Crown Victoria owners here?

I think the flex fuel ones started in 2008. Tons of them out there. Was considering on as well...

My Regal is already on E85, why not get a daily that runs on it, too? :D

I was fleet director for 39 years at our local SO. Been using CV's since 1992 up to 2011 {last avail year} Anything past 03 used the same brakes/rotors ect. 03 was 1st year for the wider suspension. Throughout the years there were some interior cosmetic changes and a few mechanical changes {suspension mostly}. Latest models the aluminum upper/lower control arms were disposable should you need ball joints, {yes it sucked}. We ran some upwards of 200,000 miles with very little issues and only regular maintenance, {5000 mile oil changes} Even a 2011 should be reasonably priced nowadays. I hate that Ford discontinued the CV but it did not meet some newer safety standards and Ford wanted to push the Taurus AWD Interceptor with the mighty V6. So we went with Tahoe's.

That's awesome! I'd probably get an 08 or newer one, they seem to have some reasonably priced options.

The reasons I am considering a Honda are 1.) Reliable in most any climate 2.) relatively low maintenance 3.) Good gas mileage and 4.) NO temptation to spend any money on modifying it. But Hondas are just so boring

Spent a quite a few hours in a CVPI. The 4.6 is pretty much bulletproof. We had quite a few cars that had the electric fans seize up while idling unattended. The heater core hose(s) would pop, dumping the coolant. Car gets towed to the mechanic. The mechanic would replace the fan, t-stat, add coolant and do an oil change and send out the door.

The later model CV went to drive by wire. The CVs with a throttle cable felt quicker. The seats prior to the last years were slightly more comfortable but the seat foam breaks down rather quickly. The later model CV have better breaks vs the earlier years.

If you want economy, look into finding the aero body CV ('92-'97 years).

Read the VIN
P71 - Police
P72 - Commercial (taxi, they have bigger rear doors)
P73 - Civilian

There is also a Crown Vic with a Sport Package. They have a center console , monochromatic paint job. The Sport is a mix of a P71 and Marauder but still retains the 4.6 2V motor. The Sport is quicker than the P71. I had a Sport CV which I sold when I bought my '04 Marauder. The Marauders have the dual overhead cam Cobra motor.

I still have pics of my CV Sport if you want see one.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Spent a quite a few hours in a CVPI. The 4.6 is pretty much bulletproof. We had quite a few cars that had the electric fans seize up while idling unattended. The heater core hose(s) would pop, dumping the coolant. Car gets towed to the mechanic. The mechanic would replace the fan, t-stat, add coolant and do an oil change and send out the door.

The later model CV went to drive by wire. The CVs with a throttle cable felt quicker. The seats prior to the last years were slightly more comfortable but the seat foam breaks down rather quickly. The later model CV have better breaks vs the earlier years.

If you want economy, look into finding the aero body CV ('92-'97 years).

Read the VIN
P71 - Police
P72 - Commercial (taxi, they have bigger rear doors)
P73 - Civilian

There is also a Crown Vic with a Sport Package. They have a center console , monochromatic paint job. The Sport is a mix of a P71 and Marauder but still retains the 4.6 2V motor. The Sport is quicker than the P71. I had a Sport CV which I sold when I bought my '04 Marauder. The Marauders have the dual overhead cam Cobra motor.

I still have pics of my CV Sport if you want see one.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
Radiator cooling fan is still an issue up to 2011. Most would fail while setting for hours at extra jobs. One of the CV weak links.