Any pics of new brake lines and/or kits?

chub406

Hey guys. Ive decided to replace the brake lines on my 85 regal. Im hoping to trap in the 130's so I dont want to have to worry about them. They don't look the best. Any use any prebent kits? Its the stock vacuum break setup. Do I have to run the swirl lines like the factory or can i just run straight tube there? Im hooking up my linelock at the same time.

Classic Industries in stainless work great.

I believe they make them for that year.

I've bent straight tube to fit in the back without the springs on one car, non-stainless off the shelf lengths with pre-formed ends.

I think they work as well as the springed ones that tend to trap salt and dirt on a daily driver.

I've blown out the back lines twice racing but luckily don't trap anywhere near 130. :eek:

Here's some pics. of some of the stainless kit for an '87 TurboBuick.

They do include the springs on the rear.

20130112_123928_zpsc0e693e7.jpg

20130112_124006_zps17489b07.jpg

wow! that is gorgous! Is it the same size as factory or bigger? So all I would need is the junctions? I have new calipers and the flex line from the calipers. Thats exactly what Im looking for. Thanks salvage! It should be the same as mine I would think. Twice?? Wow. Thank God your weren't killed. Its got a 9 inch in it so I would have to just run my own on the back. Any pics of on the car? How much was the kit?

Same size and fittings as the stockers, nuts on the tube may use a different wrench like 7/16" vs a 3/8" but the tubes out back are the stock 3/16" tube.

Kit in stainless was about $175 a few years ago not sure now.

It's also Classic Tube not Classic Industries. :oops:

http://www.classictube.com/shop-online

Yep. 180 for stainless. What is the deal on the springs? What do they actually do? Does the have the line thats on the rear end or just up to the prop valve? Any pics on the car?? Is it worth trying to go bigger on a break line? Those are some nice pieces. Thanks!

If you drive a lot the springs hold dirt and water and road salt.

Other than that they may be for vibration from the rear end I guess, or maybe rock guards.....

I bent the smaller U shaped rear one from off the shelf 3/16" tube 18" or 24" don't remember, and it worked just fine without the springs.

The long line from the rear end fitting up to the prop. valve comes bent in half and you simply unbend it in one or two places and install it.

Mine is on one of the cars now.

The lines are usually sized to the system vacuum, power master etc. and of course disk or drum.

Within each category I guess the size of the pistons and volume of fluid needed would determine the size.

I have one car with stock drums and one car with Baer discs and still use the same 3/16" line out back.

I'd consult the caliper maker for the proper feed lines with your setup to make sure.

Then again the fitting on the rubber line if it came with them would dictate what to use too.

Thanks Salvage! I ordered a complete SS set from them. Still waiting for it to go out. 26.00 for shipping was a little steep but not a deal breaker. Thanks for the pics. ;)