any one know the legality of car reposesion in Georgia?

garyk1970

Electronics Moderator
Staff member
i was working on a customers' jeep and to my suprise a repo company tried to repo the car.i informed them there was an oustanding ticket owed on the vehicle and they had to get off my property.the driver informed me who the title company was that ordered the repo,and i was told the bill would be paid before the repossesion....
stupid me,I left the jeep parked in my back lot that night and they came in the middle of the night and took the car....is this legal?

i have applied for a mechincs lean now....

Your likely going to need to take the person you did the work for to small claims to get your money. Unless they are honest and pay their bill.

was the car parked in an unsecured lot? if there is a proper repossession order an agent can repo a car anytime, anywhere.
money owed on it due to you working on it has nothing to due with the bank and does not invalidate the repossession order.

Your likely going to need to take the person you did the work for to small claims to get your money. Unless they are honest and pay their bill.

yes...thats why i have a mechanics lean...no one will be able to sell without paying me first.

was the car parked in an unsecured lot? if there is a proper repossession order an agent can repo a car anytime, anywhere.
money owed on it due to you working on it has nothing to due with the bank and does not invalidate the repossession order.

yes...car didnt run.i was waiting on a crank sensor.....i just got this new location and have'nt fenced in ther back lot....