Any Ms pacman players here?

AZ Vic

Hey guys,

I have loved playing ms pacman since I was a kid... But, I just got my highest all time score on it yesterday.

Got to the third level of "junior"

Attachments

• pacman high score.jpg
    pacman high score.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 634
You playing on pc,or an old standup arcade game? I have a PacMan standup in my basement[with about 10 otheres]that has Multi-Pac,The Multi-Pac has 24 diffrent variations on PacMan,including MsPacMan

On a stand up arcade at the new local pizza joint, took the pic with my camera phone :D

I have never really cared for any of the spinoffs, I like the original ms pacman. (even though ms was a spinoff:D )

Oh, and I decided to look up high scores on the net. World record is over 900,000!:eek:

I did see that I would place in the top 25 though with my score:D

Does responding to your thread count as a brush with greatness?:)

I have it on Gameboy. It's pretty addictive.

Originally posted by Lhorn
Does responding to your thread count as a brush with greatness?:)

I have it on Gameboy. It's pretty addictive.

LOL - you bet

Yeah, I have it on my cell phone too - surprisingly close to the real thing!

Hey! Now your talkin my game! I've always been a Ms Pac Man nut :) I currently own 43 arcade machines and 5 pinball machines :) I buy,sell, and trade them here in Philly. Since 2000 I've owned over 600 arcade games and pinball machines :) Most of the games I have are rare and in mint condition. I've got a like new Ms Pac Man aracde machine in my living room, few other games in the basement, and a Neo Geo 4 slot in my bedroom :) The rest of my game are in a climate controlled storage unit where I can play them. I have a old web site that needs major updates but it's www.phillyarcade.com if you want to check it out. I can basiclly sit on a Ms Pac Man machine for hours :) My Ms Pac Man is loaded with a Multicade board now with Ms Pac, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong JR, Galaga, Galaxian, DigDug, Frogger, Pac Man JR,

Even tho Ms Pac Man is a fav. The best out of the pac series IMO is Pac Man JR. I can play that one for hours on end! :) It's awesome. But here is my high on Ms Pac.. Vic.. keep dumpin those quarters in! :) If any of you guys that are local are looking for a game for your house PM me anytime! Discounts and deals to all TB board members! :)

01-22-01-01_HS.JPG

Jim, maybe you could help me with my search, but my wife is a Ms. Pac Manaholic. I've been wanting to buy and surprise her with a stand up version.
In fact, one of my favorite dates is when I beat her all time high score and then she proceded to go into the zone and whup my ass. In fact, I know she's scored over 100k. She handles that joy stick well. :D

phillyturbo,another person with too many arcade games in the basement[need a thumbs up smiley] I just sold a pin to a guy from the Philly area on Friday[Fireball Classic]

Actually the Multi-Pac is the original pac,ms pac ,with the speed up chips in the board.You just hit a button on the game and you can switch from regular Pac to say.... Ms pac turbo
AZ Vic,where you at in AZ,I`m heading there in less than a month,cant wait untill we get out of this cold/snow crap weather here in OH

Jim Rome was CT's Ms Pacman champion in the mid 80's, he really doesn't want to talk about it much but privately he told me he takes great pride in his Ms Pacman championship. He has told me besides his TR breaking into the 10s last year that his Ms Pacman chapionship ranks right up there also, right next to his marriage and birth of his two boys.

He told me he'd play a ton of Ms Pacman, he'd head to the local pizza palor throw on some Duran Duran and get into a zone and he was unbeatable.

Perhaps Jim can expound some more when he signs on later.

Originally posted by 8587GN
AZ Vic,where you at in AZ,I`m heading there in less than a month,cant wait untill we get out of this cold/snow crap weather here in OH

I am in the far southeast valley - Queen Creek to be exact... actually, exact would be the santan area behind Johnson Ranch, about 15 minutes past queen creek. So, I am about 1.5 hours from central Phoenix w/o rush hour traffic.

If you have alergies, you better stock up on medicine before you come. Everyone loves the rain and the wild flowers but doesn't think about the pollen. It is going to be the worst ever, with the rain we have been having.

Ohio was pretty cool when I was working there around the Minerva (east of Canton) area last year. Love the wild flowers out there... it looks like everyone owns a nursery:)

I hadn't played the game for years until I got the version for my PS2, but it just wasn't that good. Then I got the game on my cell phone - that was pretty cool but hard to navigate well. then this new pizza place came in right around the corner from my house and they have an awesome lunch buffet. That was only my second time playing in a few years. Brings back a lot of memories:cool:

Vic

Hey, does anyone know if there is a level past "jr"?

Just curious - don't spoil it for me just let me know if there is something else:D

thanks,

Vic

I'm definately a Ms. Pacman nut as well. I have two standup, completely refurbished original arcade games in my house....Ms. Pacman and Galaga...Ms. Pacman has been my long time favorite and I too can spend hours at a time dodging ghosts. Love 'em, but gotta get the Galaga machine repaired....turns on but the game freezes from time to time or all the bugs will disappear and all you can see is the stary background.....

Kewl Ms pac-man

hey guys

I love the ms. pac-man pac-man and the pac man PLUS

I work for a company that runs all kinds of video games.pool tables and juke boxes and other types of cojn operated stuff.

That Ms pac-man looks to be a small 13 inch cabinet which is kewl cause there are not many of those around anymore. lucky enuff we have 4 ms. pac-mans and 1 pac man and 1 pac-man plus.

when someone would ask me what is the video game of all time i would have to say Ms. pac man second would have to be galiga.

they have now rereleased the ms pacman and a galiga for arcade style then there is the ultacade series that has the millipede centipede bowling frogger and some otheres all in one.

the best driving game from the early 80's was ATARI'S HARD DRIVING.

Someone was talking about the speed up chips you those were illegal updates. just like there some donkey kong copies from japan too.

i love my job. what other job can ya play games and get paid for it :)

hey whiplash
give me a call and i might be able to tell ya how to get that galiga up and running. if not send it too me and i can repair it for ya since thats what i do is service video games :)

Heath Amusements 1-800-849-3029
230 railroad ave
randleman nc 27317
ask for patrick

mispelled

don't kill me over it

but i mispelled galaga

i'll take some pics of the stuff at the shop tomorrow

hey phillyturbo

we don't run any NeoGeo games anymore but have a bunch of the cartrides for them interested in them ?

Pinballs are a thing of the past too. Stern is the only company that makes pinballs anymore and they produce just a handfull each yr.

data east, williams, sega, bally. williams came out with the pinball 2000 series that have a video games built on to it. they didn't make such a good impression so they went out of bussiness.

the #1 pinball of all time according to replay magazine is the ADDAMS FAMILY. they made a collectors addition that has the gold lighting on the side of it with gold trim nice piece.

Wow,look at all the "old school" arcade nuts:D I also have[besides PacMan] Galaga,Galaxian,Hard Drivin,Centipede,Asteroids Dlx,Pole Position2[sit down]Final Lap,Bride of Pinbot[the only pin that I have]and a Skee Ball machine Now I need a cd jukebox and I think I`ll be set;)

hey guys. Nice to see some arcade collectors here! Let's see if I can answer some questions.. First off Galaga (original board set) is a pain in the rear to keep going. Power supply was bad in them and the boards all had bad sockets gallore! The ribbon cable was also always going on them. I had about 6 or so Galaga's in the past.

Vic: Ms Pac Man goes forever! There is no ending. Pac Man use to run out of memory around board 256 something and would lock up half the screen.

oh and DATA: this thread reminds me of this... NOTWORK SAFE MS PAC MAN! :)

8587GN: Great classic pin! I've owned 3 of them in the past!

SloGN: e-mail me what you have! I own about 40 some carts now and most rare like Neo Mr Do but I'll check em out! phillyturbosix@comcast.net is my direct e-mail!

Games in my collection now are.. (keep in mind they are all mint examples of these games) most of them were never in arcades or vended! I only go for the good ones :)

Timber
Tapper
Q*Bert ( serial number 10! in the rare cussin marquee)
Asteroids
Crazy Climber
Galaxian (cocktail)
Millipede
Dig Dug (cabret or mini)
Tempest (cabret or mini)
Satans Hollow
Stargate (never vended)
Zoo Keeper
Kick Man (cabret or mini)
Ms Pac Man (9 in one multi board)
Multi Williams ( Defender, Joust, Bubbles, Stargate, Splat, Robotron all in a mint Defender cabinet )
Pac Man JR (dedicated upright)
Burger Time (never vended)
Kangaroo
Missle Command
Super Pac Man
Star Wars
Star Trek
Toobin
Wacko
I think that's it for the vids that I have now! I know I'm missing some in there..
I also have BayWatch, Raven, Jungle Lord, Black Knight, Whitewater, Adams Family, and TMNT pinballs right now :)

See this is different then cars.. arcade games it's not a hobby.. it's a cult!! That list should take you guys down memory lane :) I still love the look on people's eyes when I open the door and show them all those games :) I love em!

hey phillyturbo

hey philly turbo

will get a list of those up to see what you want. also if there is some parts that you may need give me a shot at work 1-800-849-3029 toll free

where i work at we have a 100x100 building filled full of odd arcade games then the shop itself has about 50-60 games in there various kinds driving shootting ets...........

8587gn i can hook you up with a CD jukebox for about 800-1000 bucks it's a wurlitzer 100 selection. it maybe less will find out for sure if your interested

BTW i'm not that old :) i.m only 25 hell i was a yr old when pac-man was created.

yah the chips in those older boards suck ass bad just take each one out and take a eraser and clean each pin on it do that to every pin and clean the edge connector and it come run fine if not the power supply might be getting hot and having a voltage drop. they only way to cure that is put a modern power supply with a regulated 5 volt and 12 volt outputs.

philly look at the new ms pac man and galaga boards compared to the old 1980 board at the size.

also there is a trick on the new ms pac man/galaga that you can do with the joystick and get pac man to come up and play :) when i found out about it i thought it was a joke but it works

up up up down down down then up down up down up down up i think i might have it backwards