Any Machine Shops in St. Louis MO Area

excobraguy

Looking for some reputable machine shops in the St. Louis area that can do the machining work on my block. Anyone have any they use that are in or around the St. louis , MO area??????

You might be surprised, but I would take it to your closest O'reillys and have it sent to their Springfield MO machine shop. They bored my block, machined the crank, balanced the rotating assembly for my TTA and the work was excellent. In fact a friend of mine, Mike Kimmis, has had machine work done there on the engine in his 2000+ horsepower twin turbo big block in his outlaw 10.5 car. They told me they could do a girdle there too, but you'd have to send the main caps to be end milled first (have RJC racing do it) They do excellent work there and you won't have to pay to have it shipped or drive very far. Their prices are good too.

Phase II machine shop (314) 909-0980 in Sunset Hills / Crestwood should be able to help you - ask for Todd. They are an excellent machine shop and have built some turbo V6 engines.

Craig

Todds Machine Shop on N. Hanley does good work also .... ask for Todd:biggrin: ;) .....also

Phase II machine shop (314) 909-0980 in Sunset Hills / Crestwood should be able to help you - ask for Todd. They are an excellent machine shop and have built some turbo V6 engines.

Craig

Yikes! I just called this guy and he said about a month and a half to do the machine work??????

machine work

Call Mike @ GM Automotive 314-892-4621 he is the GN Guru in the St. Louis Area . He is off Telegraph rd South County.

Call Mike @ GM Automotive 314-892-4621 he is the GN Guru in the St. Louis Area . He is off Telegraph rd South County.

Great info!!!! I just called him, we have an appointment setup for tomorrow evening for me to stop by and discuss everything needed.........

Wow! Mike put a 4.1 in my 52 Willys pickup truck back in the early 80's, which after sitting in my garage for 20 years is being totally rebuit and upgraded with an 86 GN setup. I remember Mike used to race a buick v6 powered funny car and would kick the crap out of the v-8's back then. I was wondering just the other day if he was still around. He knew those engines inside and out back then, I am sure you won't go wrong with him.

Wow! Mike put a 4.1 in my 52 Willys pickup truck back in the early 80's, which after sitting in my garage for 20 years is being totally rebuit and upgraded with an 86 GN setup. I remember Mike used to race a buick v6 powered funny car and would kick the crap out of the v-8's back then. I was wondering just the other day if he was still around. He knew those engines inside and out back then, I am sure you won't go wrong with him.

He actually made me feel more comfortable when I talked to him than the other places I called. He knew immediately what I was talking about when I asked my questions. He also said they install the RJC girdles but they do it the right way vs. the suggested way, I laughed.....he has my confidence in him so far.