Any Ideas............

Mojoluv

I have an 87 GN. The problem I am having with the car is that it want s to cut out at a certain RPM. It is usually right before it shifts when driving normally. Its like you are turning the ignition off and on again. If I floor the car, it stops and the car goes on. I have changed the MAF, IAC, coil pack and module, and ECM from my 86 GN which runs perfectly, but none of this stuff has helped. I also have Direct Scan, and none of the readings go crazy when it does this. The only thing I have found wrong with the car is that the IAC count goes to "0" once the car goes into closed loop. I have tried to adjust it with no luck. I have also sprayed starting fluid all over everything while it was running, but have found no vacuum leaks. Can anybody help with these problems? It would be greatly appreciated.

Verify the fuel pump is good and the wiring is good
check the battery & starter connections and the ECM power wire at the battery. Make sure your Main power wire isn't shorting out on the passenger ex manifold.

Also, next time it happens, try jiggling your ignition switch.
This should get some more things at least eleiminated.

Thanks for the comment. To also let everyone know. The fuel pump is new. It also has new injectors.

Do you have a scanmaster? IT sounds like fuel to me, do you notice the ECM resetting?

No Scanmaster. I haven't noticed the ecm resetting. Car has a new Red's XP double pumper. Its running on one pump.

Problem solved!!!! Found the ground cable just laying against the block. Would you believe car never failed to start. I just purchased this car a month ago. Running great!!!! Thanks for all the help guys!!!!
Dave..............