Any HT buffs? (pics of mine)

What are you trying to get on "Cribs"? ;)

Looks damn nice. Wife and I are in the middle of finishing a "game room" in our basement. Hope it comes out as nice.

Very NICE,what is the screen made out of,,like how you elevated the rear seating..
Dennis:D

Looks very nice...;)

I noticed you took a picture of your rope lighting... I dont know what you used, but we always use Christmas tree lights in custom homes... :D

Matt
:cool:

The screen is a DIY screen with Behr Misty Evening paint with door trim to frame it. That particular paint was tested againist all the high dollar screens and came in 2nd only to the Stewart Firehawk for my projector.

The rope lighting is just regular rope light from Sams club wired up on a dimmer switch. I will eventually have some rope light around the bottom of the seating riser wired to the same switch.

It was about 7 weeks of non-stop work, but the look on the kids faces was worth it when we put in the first movie.

I rarely go out to a movie anymore ... I get better picture & sound at home, I'm more comfortable, can relax with a glass of wine,...

My setup is 65" RPTV, not FPTV, and one can definitely get into all the tweaks and "hands on" work. I've really enjoyed learning & doing grey scale adjusts, CRT focussing, color decoder adjusts, 56-point service convergence, audio equalization, etc.

HT's can be a bigger money drain than turbo buicks!!

:)

Originally posted by tom h
HT's can be a bigger money drain than turbo buicks!!

:) [/B]

At least you don't have to worry about blowing the crank out of your home theater!

EFI - what are you running for audio?

Nice setup!;)

Do you have any problems with the ceiling tiles vibrating with the bass? I recently made a "family" room downstairs with my widescreen and surround but when I turn up the volume it starts to vibrate the ceiling tiles, very ennoying since I like it loud with alot of bass.
Anyway it looks great, wish I had enough room to make my own theater.

Originally posted by Warp6

EFI - what are you running for audio?

Nice setup!;)

I've got the Onix Rocket ELT 5.1 system with a Denon receiver.
I LOVE the sound from this system, but the sub bottoms out under 20Hz. I have a pair of inline 20Hz crossovers on order to fix that problem. Check out www.av123.com for the sound system details.

Originally posted by CHARGED
Do you have any problems with the ceiling tiles vibrating with the bass? I recently made a "family" room downstairs with my widescreen and surround but when I turn up the volume it starts to vibrate the ceiling tiles, very ennoying since I like it loud with alot of bass.
Anyway it looks great, wish I had enough room to make my own theater.
It will shake the whole room especially on movies like Bad Boys 2 and Star Wars E2. No vibrations yet though.
I also had the room framed in 2x6's instead of 2x4's and insulated to cut down on vibrations.

Which Denon receiver do you have? I bought an AVR-3803 over the winter. A lot more power than my old Onkyo.

I'm using an InFocus projector with a 106" Da-Lite screen. Its a DLP projector and I'm happy with it. Looks good on progressive inputs like DVD's but not as good with regular tv. The internal scaling is not as good since its a medium $ range projector.

I upgraded my speakers over the winter too. Paradigm monitor 9's up front and Paradigm center channel. I moved my old Infinity reference speakers to the rear for surrounds. New sub I got is a Velodyne SPL-1200. Its got 1500 watts dynamic, 750 watts RMS. :eek: Its a good thing I don't have any neighbors close by.

Hopefully one day I'll be able to have a dedicated home theater like yours. Yours looks real nice. I have a 36' tv for normal viewing and pull down the screen when I want to watch DVD's.

-murph

Originally posted by murphster
Which Denon receiver do you have? I bought an AVR-3803 over the winter. A lot more power than my old Onkyo.

-murph

Sounds like a really nice system you have there. My rec. is just the 1804, but I got a good deal on it with my speakers. I figure I can always upgrade later, but I'm happy with it for now.

Originally posted by efi-street
I've got the Onix Rocket ELT 5.1 system with a Denon receiver.
I LOVE the sound from this system, but the sub bottoms out under 20Hz. I have a pair of inline 20Hz crossovers on order to fix that problem. Check out www.av123.com for the sound system details.

Clay what do you know about the reciever that is offered with the ELT for like $1350,(whole package)
Curious about the AM/FM ,,I have trouble getting a good signal in the basement,the system sounds like a good deal ,,but want a nice AM/FM to go with all the bells of the surround.....Nice price...

A
L
S
O found this

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140880
:)

Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r
Clay what do you know about the reciever that is offered with the ELT for like $1350,(whole package)
Curious about the AM/FM ,,I have trouble getting a good signal in the basement,the system sounds like a good deal ,,but want a nice AM/FM to go with all the bells of the surround.....Nice price...
That's what I got. It is the Denon that they include in the package. FM reception is better than I expected for being in the corner of my basement with 10" thick concrete walls on the outside. I guess I could always extend the antenna through the drop ceiling closer to an outside wall. For the money, I think you'd be hard pressed to get better sound for movies without building your own speakers. The only gripe that I had at all was that the sub bottoms out between 15-20Hz. I have a pair of 20Hz filters on the way to (hopefully) solve that problem though.