Any good buick guys in CT?

Im in the newtown/stevenson dam area. Just looking for a reputible or knowledgeable owner/mechanic to give a once over on my car. Its my first buick and would like a veteran opinion. any recomendations?

WOW ,can't belieive it I live off 34 in Sandy Hook by the High School . I bought a 86 GN about a year ago and it's just about finished I had Otto Pernek one of the best guys around do most of my work but he just closed his shop and is having some problems. Great guy everyone loves him on this forum ,just not available now. I also have a 2010 Blown SS Camaro that Ted Janetty built and tuned . His work is great and I recently had him finish my GN . Was bringing car to Island Dragway tomorrow but now I have a tranny problem, it never ends but i love it. Now it'll be just the Camaro tomorrow. What kind of Buick do you have and what kind of work do you need ? Jim Mag
Janetty's number is 203-753-7223 Heard about Cotton but never dealt with them too far.

Mark,yes it was, thats our car. My son was driving it ! Hope he wasn't a dick . " we" bought it, it's in his garage and " I " pay for it .Seemed like a good way to bond with my son. Two years later I've put the Janetty kids through college .Actually it's been fun and is what got me started on my GN . All the things I wanted to do when I was a kid and couldn't afford now I can do. Going to Island tomorrow and hoping to get asked to leave because that would mean we'd be in the 9's . Stuck in the low 10's but I think the motor has more in just changed throttle body,we'see ? jim Maguire

Very impressive car! Talked to your son for a while about it. Have seen the other Camaro Janetty has worked on that was featured in GMHTP magazine, think his name was Rainey???

WOW ,can't belieive it I live off 34 in Sandy Hook by the High School . I bought a 86 GN about a year ago and it's just about finished I had Otto Pernek one of the best guys around do most of my work but he just closed his shop and is having some problems. Great guy everyone loves him on this forum ,just not available now. I also have a 2010 Blown SS Camaro that Ted Janetty built and tuned . His work is great and I recently had him finish my GN . Was bringing car to Island Dragway tomorrow but now I have a tranny problem, it never ends but i love it. Now it'll be just the Camaro tomorrow. What kind of Buick do you have and what kind of work do you need ? Jim Mag
Janetty's number is 203-753-7223 Heard about Cotton but never dealt with them too far.

I travel by there once and a while to drop of stuff to a small machine shop next door to the high school. How far away are you ?

Its just a stock 28k 85 t type. It was maintained and barely driven from new by elderly owners, only having 200 miles from 1994-2012. I have replaced the heater core, but everything with exception of tires appears 1985 correct. Runs and goes well, idle is a smidgen off when cold, but clears up when warm. Im not new to cars or turbos, but it is my first buick, and id like someone knowledgeable to look and say, "nice car" or "wtf is this crap" im right behind the old post office by the train tracks. Or behind the new dunkin/pizza/subway. Im sure some of you have seen my daily driver, a huge and low blue 79 caprice coupe with matte black hood and wheels driving all over town. If you see it dont be afraid to say hi, she cant outrun a three legged dog.

Cmon up to the Pike this summer, some of us hang out at the Panera Bread cruises and also at the Burger King cruise just up the street from Panera. Occasionally will go to the Hooters cruise.

Cmon up to the Pike this summer, some of us hang out at the Panera Bread cruises and also at the Burger King cruise just up the street from Panera. Occasionally will go to the Hooters cruise.

Mark,
Going to Berlin show this year ? Show is near end of April.

Allan G.

Alan,i live behind the High School ,in back of the machine shop .my office used to be across from that shop ,forget the owners name ,he used to have an older Ferrari, nice guy. The HP you have is incredible ,thats the beauty of a "STAGE" motor and ci. My engine builder ,Bill Carlquist , would not put a stroker crank in. Said the block wouldn't handle it, even though i have a girdle.That's the disadvantage of using non GN guys.Carlquist has a great reputation ,does a ton of race motors but is not a GN guy.Who built your motor ? I had planned on running at Island today but tranny needs work first. I'll be all set when LV opens.No competition for you though.
Mark,I need to start going to Panera so I can get to know the GN guys.Hope to see you there. Heard your car is mint ! Can't wait to see it.Then I can have something to aspire to. Jim Maguire

Allan, plan on going to the Berlin show if the weather is good. Attendance has been down there the past few years. They can't seem to catch a break. First big show of the year. Sunday April 29th.
First Panera Bread cruise is Saturday May 19th.

I use this place to find out about shows/cruises
http://www.specialinterest.com/siv_events.cfm

Alan,i live behind the High School ,in back of the machine shop .my office used to be across from that shop ,forget the owners name ,he used to have an older Ferrari, nice guy. The HP you have is incredible ,thats the beauty of a "STAGE" motor and ci. My engine builder ,Bill Carlquist , would not put a stroker crank in. Said the block wouldn't handle it, even though i have a girdle.That's the disadvantage of using non GN guys.Carlquist has a great reputation ,does a ton of race motors but is not a GN guy.Who built your motor ? I had planned on running at Island today but tranny needs work first. I'll be all set when LV opens.No competition for you though.
Mark,I need to start going to Panera so I can get to know the GN guys.Hope to see you there. Heard your car is mint ! Can't wait to see it.Then I can have something to aspire to. Jim Maguire

Thanks for the complements. I built the motor to my own specs but use Bob Bruneau for my machine work and consulting. If you know Ted Jennety, you can ask him about Bob Bruneau and his work.

Allan G.