Any GM service mang/mech?

87gn-newbee

Just wondering if there is a way for GM to know if you are/were running a chip on a vehicle? I have read yes and no.

Is there a way they can look it up by reading some codes or when you take the chip out does it go back to stock?

If your a GM mang/mech please shoot me an e-mail

Thanks
Dan

I worked for a gm dealer for 10 years prior to coming to Rons Auto. The last 5 where in mngmt position. First off there is a blue book at every gm dealer called P&P policy & procedure. That is supposed to be the gm rule book. Gm does frown on modifications if they are the cause of a failure under warranty to a certain part. However each dealer has its own way of doing business. Gm has alot of performance part upgrades they sell and they do not void the warranty. It would depend on what you problem is and what the repair would be, but if the problem is not related to a modification it should still be covered. To answer your main question, yes if the dealer wants to spend the time they can find out if there is a chip change or reprogramming done. They have a scan tool that could tell them a change in settings. But once again it all depends on the dealer some are easy going and some are reals pri#$s.

Paul

So how much money am I going to get to keep you out of trouble Dan?

Hehe......... I sent my programmer back on my truck...They have a test program that is 125hp and the are re loading it with the new one. It took 3 people before I found out they was working on this one.....Can't wait for it to get here....

duramax

LOL, you guys with those trucks are funny, after 97 miles per hour I could let you all hook to the back of my Dodge and I could pull you over that unreachable 100 mph mark...:D :D

I have already told you that mine does not shut down at 97....I guess I am going to have to prove it to you one day.....Oh did I tell you that the programmers rasis the revs to 3500...Pulls all the way....

425hp and 800lbs of tq...Not bad

and before 60,000 with all that you are goin to blow the little plastic injectors apart. that is the only weak spot to the duramax and yes if a tech has done enough work on a duramax he can find all the goodies. A area service rep once told my dealership that if cought with that kind of equipment he wuld void the powertrain warranty, but have i seen one voided no. but not bad power out of the little motor that every dodge and for guy hate:)

bryan
GM sevice tech

I am putting a set of MadDog injectors in it so I won't be worrying about them... ANd upgrading the exhaust to a true 4" then maybe I can leave it alone...Maybe

we are turbo and power crazy we will never be able to leave anything alone we all want more power!:)