Any Air Rifle Enthusiast's

t-typinator

They have come along way.
my first bb gun ,(the one in the pic) you had to push the barrel straight in to compress the spring,put a bb in the top of the barrel where it meets the stock,pull the barrel back forward and spin it so that the site was on top,+ then not aim it down or the bb would fall out.

This new one can be high pressure air or c02 powered by switching tanks,and can be anything from a .177, .20, .22,or .25 caliber in minutes by switching out the barrel, is very high powered, and incredibly accurate.
I was shooting at 30, 60 + 90 yards yesterday + it is a tack driver.

Here is what 60 years of bb/pellet gun development looks like.

Attachments

• P1040171.JPG
    P1040171.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 141
  • P1040697.JPG
    P1040697.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 140
  • P1040711.JPG
    P1040711.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Pretty cool to see that old one. Did not know they operated that way back then.

Not an enthusiast but used to shoot a lot as a teenager. My 10 yr old just got his first bb gun but since the wifey will only let him shoot at stationary targets, he quickly lost interest.

Not my thing but you may find the discussion here (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!s....crafts.metalworking/uQNzywxRAJg/cWyyRW96X1QJ) interesting. Most of the thread is off your topic but the messages around this one might be worth reading. I never knew that pneumatic weapons were used that far back or were that big. If this link somehow doesn't work, go to groups.google.com and search for "rec.crafts.metalworking pneumatic cannon", then go to the "eat mo squirrel" thread.

This was in reply to 626gn's post ,i forgot to quote it.

It's a crosman v-350 they were made between 1961-1969 i got this somewhere around 1970-72

I just rediscovered these guns again,now there is such an assortment out there it's incredible.
They range from cheap to crazy expensive,calibers go from.177 up to 50 caliber or more and can take out anything from mice to water buffalo.
I've been playing with them for a few months,trying different ones out,it's addicting.
I guess the attraction is that they can be used indoors or in your back yard(some can ,some are to0 loud to be backyard friendly),
and are so cheap to use if you shoot alot,the co2 bottle on the one with the scope cost's $2.49 to fill and is good for over 1000 shots, (if hpa is used it costs a bit more)the pellets are about a penny a piece (and up)and the accuracy on the pcp guns is incredible out to 100 yds or so.

Attachments

• P1040173.JPG
    P1040173.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 129
  • P1040562.JPG
    P1040562.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Air rifles were something special but royalty were the owners when they were made at first. On of the neat things about them is that Daisy became a major manufacturer because of China. The Chinese people have never been allowed to won firearms and the Daisy corporation sent a rep to the emperor to show that it wasn't lethal, but would penetrate a wood shingle. This gave farmers a chance to kill mice but not people, so the emperor agreed to let them be sold.

Lewis and Clark had an air rifle on their expedition. The Girandoni air rifle was pretty potent and could be fired in wet conditions which the matchlocks couldn't.

Lewis and Clark had an air rifle on their expedition. The Girandoni air rifle was pretty potent and could be fired in wet conditions which the matchlocks couldn't.

I remember reading about that,it was way ahead of it's time ,it was a repeater,and a big bore like a .45 or .50 cal i'll have to google it + read it again.

Air rifles were something special but royalty were the owners when they were made at first. On of the neat things about them is that Daisy became a major manufacturer because of China. The Chinese people have never been allowed to won firearms and the Daisy corporation sent a rep to the emperor to show that it wasn't lethal, but would penetrate a wood shingle. This gave farmers a chance to kill mice but not people, so the emperor agreed to let them be sold.

Interesting info about daisy, but i wonder how they got their name.
I know i wouldn't be naming my gun company Petunia or powder puff or Daisy , i'd want a name like Armorplate,or Roadkill or Quiet Death .
something else i'll have to google, maybe it was the owners daughters name or something.

The reason it was called Daisy, is because when it was demonstrated for the first time, one of the observers said, "it's a Daisy". It shot well and did exactly what it was designed to do.;) Been a gun lover since I was a kid and even did a book report on the history of Guns in 8th grade, much to the horror of my teacher and mother.:ROFLMAO:

Bought a Crossman Powermaster 760 back in 1976 when I was in The Boy Scouts. Last year when I found a rat in my orange tree, I dug out old faithful.
One BB, one dead rat! ;)

The reason it was called Daisy, is because when it was demonstrated for the first time, one of the observers said, "it's a Daisy". It shot well and did exactly what it was designed to do.;) Been a gun lover since I was a kid and even did a book report on the history of Guns in 8th grade, much to the horror of my teacher and mother.:ROFLMAO:

Interesting

Last edited:
Bought a Crossman Powermaster 760 back in 1976 when I was in The Boy Scouts. Last year when I found a rat in my orange tree, I dug out old faithful.
One BB, one dead rat! ;)

I wore out 4 or 5 of those when i was a kid,i use to shoot ALOT ,eventually they would stop holding air.
I found out recently that the trick to longevity on any pump gun is to put at least 1 pump on them before you put it away for a while + the seals will last much longer. oiling them every once in a while goes a long way too.

Just be glad you don't have rats like these places.

Last edited:
One BB, one dead rat! ;)
And how many times did wizzer get you on the head Mike.:ROFLMAO: A "golden shower" wold make me blow the neighborhood up just to get rid of the little bastard.:D

When I was in TN, I bought a Chinese copy of a German air rifle because the attic had been invaded by tree rats.:mad: Still got it and it will still hit a coke cap at 30 yards on open sights. It actually kicks and I did an adjustment on the trigger so it's surprisingly light.;)

Never was able to shoot Wizzer. That rat was too smart. I shot another rat that was fighting with Wizzer over my oranges. When I turned on the spot light, Wizzer knew where to hide. The intruder rat did not. Game over!;)

I wore out 4 or 5 of those when i was a kid,i use to shoot ALOT ,eventually they would stop holding air.
I found out recently that the trick to longevity on any pump gun is to put at least 1 pump on them before you put it away for a while + the seals will last much longer. oiling them every once in a while goes a long way too.

Just be glad you don't have rats like these places.

Cool vid! What kind of scope was that?

That video reminds me of the TV show with that American sniper in Iraq that was picking off Muzzi's.

w
That video reminds me of the TV show with that American sniper in Iraq that was picking off Muzzi's.

There is alot of cool airgun vids on you tube ,i think thats what got me back into them.
That and how advanced they are now,the last one i picked up is surgical in it's accuracy and i've only had it for a few days.

Check out Ted's Holdover video's ,they are entertaining.
This one is about the accuracy of a rifle but he is a pest controller for farmers + has some good pesting vids too.

Last edited:
Is there an airgun that uses compressor rechargeable tanks?[/QUOTE

A regular compressor's psi is too low,you need a special compressor to boost the psi up to 3000, or up to 4500 psi to fill carbon fiber tanks.
So you need to have a place reasonably close by to get " high pressure air",use a very high pressure hand pump,or buy your own hpa compressor.

I lucked out + found a used pcp (pre-charged pneumatic)gun that is set up to use c02,(most pcp guns are hpa only)It's MUCH cheaper to use, and Much easier to get refilled( $2.50 at dick's sporting goods for well over 1000 shots).The trade off is less power from the c02, but i found this gun to be easily powerful enough on the c02,+ i still have the option to switch to hpa if i ever feel the need.
I have a couple of the regular small cartridge c02 guns + this is not like those, this has got great power

Last edited: