Antique Grand National.

starjet

Wow, I just realized that the year is 2009, making my 84 GN 25 years old. Our cars are now antiques. Can you believe it? I may get antique plates for mine, as I believe that I do not have to get state inspection stickers anymore. I have to check on that one. How time flies! Now I am feeling old.

In Maryland its only twenty years for historic tags, but twenty five for street rod. The street rod tags definately look cooler though. Either way, no more putting a converter back on every two years for emissions!!!!

Cool

Twenty years old as far as cars and trucks in Ilinois!!! I would get the plates but that leaves no miles for driving:frown:

in MN, it's 20 years old and there is no official limitations on mileage or when and where they can be driven- you just need to have another vehicle registered normally as your daily driver.
i paid $39.95 each last summer for my Regal and my 74 Monte Carlo, never need to buy tabs for those cars ever again, and don't need to run a front plate, which rally cleans things up on the front of the cars.
and just in case a cop decides to give me a hard time for driving my cars, i have printed out the applicable statutes from the web and keep them in the glovebox of each car paper clipped to my insurance cards..

Officially in the auto world 25 years is an antique, so yes our cars are becoming antiques. In TX you're restricted on driving on antique plates, which sucks, and you still have to get it inspected. I lived in TN for a while and if you're in one of the "zones" you still have to have tail pipe idle tests done every year, unless they changed it.