Another Turbo Buick Stolen

milesengineer2

Today was a day that we will never forget.

I went to work today in my truck. Got home from work and decided I was going to work on the ole' Buick. It had been sitting out in the yard for a couple days with the oil line off of the turbo. I look out the window to see where the shade was and I noticed that the Buick was Goneeeeeeeee. :eek:
Call the cops, they get there and spend an hour harassing me and wondering why in the world I was looking for an 86 Buick..
After they leave me, my g/f jump and a good friend of mine jump into the car and go looking for our T following the oil trail. It ended about a half mile. We cruise the ghetto, car lots, parking lots, malls, everywhere looking for our car.
Exhausted we decide to jump on the interstate and head north to look some more. Out of the corner of my eye I SEE IT!! :D Parked on the shoulder of the interstate, looked intact but wasnt for sure. Haul ass to the next exit, turn around and go back to it. Nothing on the body was damaged, locks not popped or anything. Side window was down and we could see that the column had been popped, but that was it. Laptop was on the console, Eclipse stereo still in, the subs and amps still in the trunk.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cops came and got prints, and that was about it. Now the dilemma, what kind of alarm, lojack I am thinking, and what to do to the motor!!! HEHE....

Dude. That is crazy.

Starter kill. Fuel pump cut-off. Ignition kill. Lo-jack. Collar lock. Also DEI has a GPS tracking alarm now.

Thanks Bo.. Just happy that we found it in one piece. From what I have heard there have been a couple taken locally and found pretty much stripped down. What really sucks though is I had the alarm armed!!
Anyway, now for the insurance company to come and make me an offer, hope they dont total it out.
We are hoping to get the car back up and running by the end of October, would like to make a couple of runs with it at the track before season's end. Wont be nearly as fast as you but we'll try :D ..

Frank, now the decision is how BIG do I go!!! Two weeks ago I finally got the new stall put in and hadnt even had a chance to race it much. Oh well.

Thanks

Lee

hey lee

hi lee, glad to see you got your baby back in good shape, Lee i'm not sure if you have a pepboys around you but they have a steering colom lock the prevents them breaking the other side of the key and stealing your car , this device is only $ 50.00 but it's one of the best $50 bucks you'll ever spend.. hope this helps out

carlos :)

p.s. i had one stolen but i never got her back

Carlos,

Yes it was a great relief to get her back in relatively good shape. I was looking for one of the column guards and couldnt find one. Thanks for telling me where I can get it. Next time they will have to figure out how to break about 5 different alarms before they can even get her started.

Thanks again

Lee

good going Lee, I have two alarms -the colom lock and a closed circuit camera( wireless) plugs right into your video jacks on the tv one of the best $80 bucks i ever spent, i get to keep an eye on her when i'm in my room :D

lost and found

lee - man you are so lucky.
i know you heart sank when saw your buick was gone. you did the right thing to look for it your self.
just sittin on the side of the road like that some other yahoos probably would have picked it over before the cops finally saw it.
cut out switches to essential components help deter theft.

paul
in dunedin

hi guys, sorry for the delay in response, just go to www.x10.com they have all types of wireles cameras, i got mine for $79.00 with free shipping but trust me guys get the low light night watch camera, if you get the regular color camera it works great but at night unless you have a flood light( which i had to install) your not going to see much at night, the low light cam works way better night, it's usually about $89.00 on sale or regular price $99.00 they usually have different cameras on sale everyday or every other day, trust me guys you won't be disapointed:) my tv has pip and my little square box is always on my buick;) it feels good to be in your room and be able to keep an eye on our cars,

hopes this helps out guys again sorry it took so long to respond i forgot to check the thread, if there anything else hollar at me:D

carlos

Originally posted by no-nos
hi guys, sorry for the delay in response, just go to www.x10.com they have all types of wireles cameras, i got mine for $79.00 with free shipping but trust me guys get the low light night watch camera, if you get the regular color camera it works great but at night unless you have a flood light( which i had to install) your not going to see much at night, the low light cam works way better night, it's usually about $89.00 on sale or regular price $99.00 they usually have different cameras on sale everyday or every other day, trust me guys you won't be disapointed:) my tv has pip and my little square box is always on my buick;) it feels good to be in your room and be able to keep an eye on our cars,

hopes this helps out guys again sorry it took so long to respond i forgot to check the thread, if there anything else hollar at me:D

carlos

how does the recording work?

the recording is pretty simple, 1.when you buy the camera you get a camera, the power plug and the video receiver, the video receiver plugs into video1 or video2 once you see the picture on the tv. simply turn on your vcr place it on the proper video channel and your done, DON'T put your tv on video and your vcr on channel 3 and expect it to record( will not happen) your vcr has to be on video1 or video2. ( example) if you can see the car on video1-or 2 the just press record,:) , if you need help i'm willing to give out my number to help out

carlos

Originally posted by no-nos
the recording is pretty simple, 1.when you buy the camera you get a camera, the power plug and the video receiver, the video receiver plugs into video1 or video2 once you see the picture on the tv. simply turn on your vcr place it on the proper video channel and your done, DON'T put your tv on video and your vcr on channel 3 and expect it to record( will not happen) your vcr has to be on video1 or video2. ( example) if you can see the car on video1-or 2 the just press record,:) , if you need help i'm willing to give out my number to help out

carlos

OIC. I thought it was done with a computer. thanks.

Hey guys.

Don't rely on the flood lights. Theives just unscrew the bulbs. They have done this to me before.:mad:

your right, jsta6 thats why i placed mine on the edge of the roof, the only why to get to it is with a 12ft ladder, or they can throw a rock at it:D and try to break the glass in front of the bulb

carlos

Glad you got it back! Alot of thefts here in Florida.......

The only way mine is going anywhere is if it is towed. By the time theives figure out why it won't start, they should already have been caught. If not, it will still take them an eternity to get it running or better yet, they better have a tow truck. ;) I have enough things in place to really piss off a thief that attempts to steal this one. :p

Gotta get one of those metal clamps called a boot that the cops secure on the wheel of your car when tickets go unpaid. It costs you a small fortune to get them to take it off. One of those would be dandy. :cool:

There have been 2 attempts to steal my car and the result was the car went nowhere. :p Too bad the little pukes weren't around to get caught.

Auto Taser-Untouchable Car Security

UNTOUCHABLE CAR SECURITY

Introducing an automotive defense system that fights back. The AUTO TASER is the first anti-theft system that actively combats tampering with your vehicle. Simply lock the AUTO TASER on your steering wheel and arm it with your remote control. If the AUTO TASER’s ultra sensitive motion detectors sense an intruder, it sounds a screeching alarm as a warning before aggressive countermeasures are initiated. After the warning siren, the AUTO TASER activates a field of electrons that completely surround it. Any attempt to touch the AUTO TASER zaps the thief with an unforgettable, yet non-lethal 5,900 milliwatt electron pulse. A thief can’t steal what he can’t touch. Only you can deactivate the AUTO TASER’s electron field with your coded remote control.

FOUR IN ONE

The AUTO TASER gives you the advantages of four complete car security systems. First, it functions as a steering wheel locking device. Made from hardened steel, it prevents anyone from moving the wheel. Second, it has a remote controlled alarm system which detects intruders and alerts everyone if someone tampers with your car. Third, it uses our patented TASER technology to ZAP the fingers of any thief who attempts to tamper with the AUTO TASER. And fourth, the AUTO TASER can be used as a car stereo lock. Just position the AUTO TASER so that the bar is in front of your stereo, and thieves cannot remove the stereo without getting ZAPPED! No other car security system can match all of these features at any price.

INTELLIGENT TECHNOLOGY

Based on the same technology as the famous AIR TASER® self-defense system, the AUTO TASER is proven to safely and effectively defend your car when you’re not there. It leaves no long term injuries -- just a stunning experience. Further, since it’s locked inside your vehicle, someone just brushing against your car will not be accidentally stunned.

These are no longer available in the USA due to compromising ones HEART (if they have a weak one)

I only have one left & is brand new in the box, I have installed the 3-9V batteries along w/remote batteries to make sure all functions work-otherwise its unused
$199+ shipping,
I accept Paypal or money order
turbobuick2@yahoo.com