another shifter cable thread

buickpower

polytetrafluoroethylene
I ordered a GM shifter cable, part number 25537476 which I got from this site, and it seems to be a few inches too long, which makes it bind and I can't put the car all the way down into first. Is that the actual part number or is there a shorter version made? thanks in advance.

Kirban's said the stock cable was made longer probably due to problems with the original. I just ordered one from them and it should be here tomorrow. I'll compare it to my stocker and see what differences there are. The one's I've been getting from Advance Auto are the same length, but keep breaking.

I got the Kirban's cable yesterday and it seems to be an inch to an inch and a half shorter than my stocker. I put it on but haven't tested all the gears. I'm waiting to drive the car until it gets taken to the shop to have the parts I ordered installed. It had a GM wrapper but I first thought it was for a floor shifter instead of a console shifter. This is how Advance lists them ( floor & console ). I got the floor shifter from them and it wouldn't even go on.

thanks for responding, I didn't realize the difference between floor and console, and will keep that in mind. much appreciated.