Another RJC controller question...

MRW487

After searching through post concerning higher boost applications (20+psi) .....I plan on running boost in the 14-16 psi range. I have a TA49 with the stock converter. There is a little lag...no more than a bone stock setup but it is there. My question is would the valve reduce the lag time enough to justify the install. With my lower boost levels I have no problems with boost creep so I think it would be overkill as far as creep is concerned. I am just interested in reducing the slight lag I have. Thanks

At such a low boost target of 14 lbs on a stockish/slightly modded motor there isn't much to be gained in spool time by using the boost controllers IMO. Please post the rest of your build in your signature so we can help you more.

FWIW, In my current setup I have a 93 tune I use with a boost target of 16 PSI with an electronic boost controller and the time where the boost signal is prevented from reaching the wastegate (what the RJC controller would attempt to do for you) is only 0.1 seconds from a light throttle roll.

Some things you need to try for yourself. Buy one used and if it doesn't work out reselling it is always an option.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If nothing else it will make it easier to adjust boost depending on where you put it.