Another new GNX story

Hmmm, to me it looks way to imported. Yes, it definitely needs a turbo. Would not be a GNX without it. Maybe GM could do some sort of retro look for it like Ford did the Mustang. I am not gonna hold my breath though. If GM were to make a modernized GN or GNX it would probably come out like the Charger or something. You can't improve on perfection, Buick should leave the GN and GNX and T nameplates alone. Just my 2.

That car looks baaaaaaad and I wonder what would happen to the value of our cars do if they come out with another GN. I bet it would sky rocket!

That car does NOT, in ANY way, even remotely resemble our GN's...sorry, but unless there are major redesigns from that particular picture, I won't be first in line!

Just look at what GM did to the GTO, :rolleyes: there is no reason to think they won't screw up the GN/GNX as well. I think if you are remaking a classic car it has to be A retro throw back. The mustag looks great, I would prolly buy a stang befor a gto, or a "GN". And I hate fords! GM is now run by the businessmen, and the share holders. :mad: there is no spirit left in the place, :( a sad truth I know but I don't see anything special coming out of the GM plants any time soon.

Just my .02

granny said:
GM is now run by the businessmen, and the share holders. :mad: there is no spirit left in the place, :( a sad truth I know but I don't see anything special coming out of the GM plants any time soon.

I am afraid that you are correct.

What we should do to get a lil atention maybe is to send a collective letter to GM written by one of the fellows on this board, or another. We all put our names on it and send it in. Just to let them know that they are making a big mistake, :D and who knows maybe we will send it to a few magazeens, ;) see what happens.

What ya'll think.

It's a nice looking car, even though they'll never build it. :rolleyes: It would be fun to have something with the looks of a Lexus with a LS2 under the hood. I just hope that if GM builds this car it is called anything but a GN.

BuickMike said:
I just hope that if GM builds this car it is called anything but a GN.

Werd :smile:

Felt that way about the GTO, and My fears were realized. :eek:

In the late 60's they made the GS. Do you think people where worried in the early 80's about GM using that monkier again. They only used the Gran part again. Maybe we will get lucky and they will continue that kind of tradition and call the new one a "Grand Driver" GD or something of the sort.

"and none are in such bad shape as Buick."
i disagree, its slim pickings for any Buick on dealer lots...Buicks are pretty common on the road here...not much there for the performance crowd but they do sell...

if GM needs money get rid of Saturn, i dont see to many new saturns on the road

a new GNX needs to be retro..Chrysler designers could probably come up with something good...GM copies all their designs anyway(SSR, new PT cruiser looking thing HHR?)

That car is horrible looking. I wouldnt p*ss on it to put out a fire. GM should just let Buick die, just like Oldsmobile!

James

Funny part is how the guys say, " turbo, forget about it". :eek:

Huh hello, GNX, Fastest American made car of the 80's, Turbocharged.

Why call it a GNX if you are going to use a Chevy 6.0L motor? :confused:

The only thing they seemed to borrow from ours is the hood scoop.

Other than that, it looks like the artist of that photo likes Nissans 350Z.

That car would sell, but please leave the GNX name off it for the ECOTEC twin turbocharged 3.5L and 6 speed trans. :D ;)

They need to lengthen the trunk flatten the roofline and hood, and give it more prominent bumpers. That will give it a little style. The egg shape says import to me. Then, just make a base model, make it look good, and give it a power option. Don't call it a GN or GNX. After a year or so, come out with the GN replacement, and like said, above, keep the G, but find a new second letter. All this with a newly redesigned motor with a turbo, or at least a supercharer. Then after a couple of years, up the power and the trim, and come out with the 'X', and make limited amounts. That is what they should do. I don't think they will. Then, come out with a 442, and make it a spin off of the GN replacement. They can revive Oldsmobile, and just give it a few choice performance models and sell them beside the Buick counterparts. Just my ideas on it.

mazdatech78 said:
That car is horrible looking. I wouldnt p*ss on it to put out a fire. GM should just let Buick die, just like Oldsmobile!

James
they didn't let olds die, that was murder!!!! post g-body GM sucks.