Another Internet 1st! Check out my OEM looking Mini-tub!

John B

For those of you that want to fit the really big meats on your G-body have I got a treat for you! Many people have frame notched their G-body's for additonal wheel clearance but I have taken it one step further to ensure the ultimate tire clearance so that you can actually corner in your car too by doing an OEM looking true Mini-tub in addition to my frame notch :cool: Check out the details http://www.MonteCarloSS.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=001268

Nice looking car John. Did you have to do the mini tube for those MoMo's to fit?

Burnout

WOW That is a Sweet Monte,,nice work and lots of detailed info on you site..be warned guy turn down your computer speakers,1am playin music gets you in trouble with the wife:eek: :eek:

Did you have to do the mini tube for those MoMo's to fit?
No, I use a 3/4" adapter to fit the Momo's but now I don't need the adapter, they will fit fine without them and now clear everything.
Looks good, but you might check this out.
Thanks for the link. The info there is so sketchy there is no real clue as to what he did where the trunk hinge box connects to the inner fender or if he has seat fitment issues with a 2" inner fender relocation. He also indicated that he "pieced" together "patches". I simply used another inner fender section and spliced it together. It would be nice to see his finished product....that's why I can claim an "Internet first"......you saw my finished product pic's first :D

Originally posted by John B
No, I use a 3/4" adapter to fit the Momo's but now I don't need the adapter, they will fit fine without them and now clear everything.
Thanks for the link. The info there is so sketchy there is no real clue as to what he did where the trunk hinge box connects to the inner fender or if he has seat fitment issues with a 2" inner fender relocation. He also indicated that he "pieced" together "patches". I simply used another inner fender section and spliced it together. It would be nice to see his finished product....that's why I can claim an "Internet first"......you saw my finished product pic's first :D

I didn't take large #s of pictures of the notch and minitub, because that's been a minor portion of a long haul job doing the rest of the car.

I cut the hinge boxes loose from the inner fender and then welded them back when the relocation was done. I put the rear seat back in to test fitment (fits decently, though it does "squash" the cushions inward) but it's currently out as I'm working on drivetrain stuff. You can see the rest of the T-type so far and some other projects by clicking on the link in my signature.

People have been mini-tubbing G-bodies for a long time; I think Turbo231 posted to keep you from sounding like too much of a tool. ;)

People have been mini-tubbing G-bodies for a long time; I think Turbo231 posted to keep you from sounding like too much of a tool.
I did a search and couldn't find any before I did mine. I figured that if I put out a nice bold title to this thread that I could quickly find all those like yourself that already have done this ;) Nice work Kendall!

Don't forget...

The board crashed in May 2001. There were hundreds of thousands of posts in the years before that are all gone.