Another Hot Air bitching thread!!!!

Ok now it's my time to gripe!!!!
few of us have proven a damn thing.

So who's gonna start stepping up to the plate. I will be the first to take the pledge that I will consistantly run 7.50's in the 1/8 and mid 11's when I get back home from Iraq. Now some of you don't need to aim that high but whatever your goals are can we at least get a commitment to do something to stop the perception that the only way to go is intercooled.

AMEN!!!

I KNOW these cars can run hotair (happen to know one who was in the elevens SEVERAL years ago)

:)

now my story:
85 gn (third owner, car had been sitting since 91/92 I bought it from second owner who thought he was going to get it going (and intercool it :rolleyes:)but lost interest.

I HAVEN'T had mine to the track . It has now sat thru two winters. I picked it up (along with a huge frontmount, 87 intake,piping, stainless 87 headers, etc) in august of 09, I sold off all the 87 stuff and IC ,

first thing i did was made a nice 3 inch aluminum turbo to maf pipe, and a 4" maf to filter( relocated in cold air of course), put a tre pump in, and an accufab regulator, swapped to 87 ignition and ecm, and tt chip.Fbody rad and shrouded saturn e-fan.

car felt fairly strong, but even then i WANTED MORE and got all tied up with tearing it apart and saving money for big turbo/craziness/full race insanity setup. Then this year a couple e85 stations opened, and a small "shop rivalry" began.a tbss, a 94 lt1 car, and a DSM all talking it up about who is faster

sooooooo....I decided to take the stock turbo out of the trunk where it had been hiding waiting to be sent off. Stuck it back on,I replaced all the broken vaccuum lines,found out my uppipe was completely broken in half and had been leaking all along, so i bought the gbody stainless one,blocked off the egr which was broken and also leaking before, and started bolting on parts i had accumulated. nice set of afco adjustable front shocks(used),threaded my actuator rod(made), and also made a mcmaster boost controller(made), , new denso o2 to replace the crapped out one(16 bucks new), fats and skinnies draglites (used),

for very little cash i have it back running. no road trip yet..waterpump bearing is shot.and i need to re-hook up my guages that i have sitting here into
a guage pod i picked up( boost and electric fp guage, wideband)

after i get a few miles on it like this, and shake a bug or two out of it...

i have a set of 60# inj. (seven purchased from ls1 guy locally who lost one and couldnt sell the set) ha ha extra for me...

a TT E85 chip ( HE HE HE)

set of rear bags.

and soon a set of 275/60/15 mt radials,...

i would LOVE to do a gbody downpipe, but for now i have a tiny stock one, with no cat, 2.5 duals with some sort of flowmaster...probably going to scrap it to lose some weight and do 3 inch single turned down before axle and an e cutout.

i would say even with its misc problems before i even took it apart, the car would have easily been in the high eights 1/8th with traction on 14#s..

planning on eventually trying 20-22 with e85....and im shooting for one 7.99 1/8th slip

WITHOUT LOSING A/C :)

am i crazy??? Maybe, but i bet i can squeak it out ,and AS A HOTAIR!!!!

to hell with jap crap cars. they arent even in the same catgory as us guys. there ricers and thats that. jap crap on turbo buick page. not even in the same class as us. not to meantion its a economical family car. get real. theres no power in no honda civic. i hate them cars.