Another Blow off vavle question

BarbeeT

Just starting
Could anyone possible tell me anything about this blow off valve? I recently bought it from another member that didnt know anything about it. I just want to figure out what brand so i can figure out what type this is and just more about it. like spring and stuff. Thanks!! Kevin

Attachments

• BOV.jpg
    BOV.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 424
  • BOV 2.jpg
    BOV 2.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 424
A modified HKS? Not sure!
Conrad

it does look like a HKS/knock off SSQV blow off valve modified with a bellmouth.
I would test it to make sure its working properly before you buy more parts to adapt it on your car. If its a knock off theres a good chance it leaks or doesnt work after a short amount of time.

Looks like a knock off to me. You want to stay away from those chinese knock off BOV's as they can cause harm to your turbocharger. My suggestion would be go to with a Tial Q or Tial 50mm.

I wouldnt worry about it hurting the turbocharger as its well after it, what I would worry about it is falling apart and your engine sucking in small parts.
Tial blow off valves are a very high well designed and would be a better alternative then that unit.
If you want a cheap alternative use 1 or 2 -1st gen DSM blow valves and have it recirc back to your intake after the MAF. They are pretty reliable(look some what OEM) and when crushed can hold alot of boost.

Synapse engineering . Really nice not a knock off . We sell them at oreilly auto. Parts in the key stone book. There about $179. You want to sell it

ok its on the car and seems to work at a higher boost, but turbo still flutters alittle. is that normal? thought the BOV is suppose to get rig of that... if the vacc line is not in the right stop would that make it not work correctly?

BOV do not stop turbo surging. They relieve pressure in the intake when you let off the throttle. Do a search on turbo surging.