And so it begins!! started the teardown today.....

Holy hell dude, you got me all nervous now! I think my measurments were ok but you have a good point!! I wonder if a 79 malibu would be the same as far as body to frame clearance? I have a coworker with one that I could rack up and measure???

Did you make sure the body will fit over the new boxed frame. I know if you extend the width of the top rail to the bottom the body will not go back on.

I know that the spot I boxed lines up perfectly with the portion of the frame where the crossmember bolts, its no wider that that spot is....Hmmmm, Now im all nervous.

Sorry dude. Not trying to wreck your weekend. I just know the frame is tight to the body and would rather you fix it now if need be. You may be ok due to the fact you did not box the full length. I wish you luck.

Sorry dude. Not trying to wreck your weekend. I just know the frame is tight to the body and would rather you fix it now if need be. You may be ok due to the fact you did not box the full length. I wish you luck.

Its cool, Ill check it out and see what im dealing with!

i'm sure that he, like and good minnesotan gearhead, has his garage/shop heated....
mine is
just ask my gas company...:eek:
-dan

i'm sure that he, like and good minnesotan gearhead, has his garage/shop heated....
mine is
just ask my gas company...:eek:
-dan

Your gn woodint happen to be in your garage on jackstands where I could come and take some measurments would it???? I need to make sure my boxing is gonna clear the body:( Your only 45 away.....

I just ran out and took some photos, I'm sorry for this.

And the orange line is the return fuel that my 6 year daughter help me with so it will always be orange, but I will always remember the help I got.:)

Attachments

• IMG_3503.jpg
    IMG_3503.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 847
  • IMG_3504.jpg
    IMG_3504.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 843
  • gnpics 051.jpg
    gnpics 051.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 843
Question for you ryan what would it cost me to have you fab me up a rear framehorn tie bar i think that is a great idea ever one should have one on there car the way these cars flex

Thanks for the pictures! I cant wait till my daughter is old enough to help me with the buick!! Its hard to tell, by the middle picture id say im good if that is how it fits down both sides, Im gonna have to go crawl under one and get a good look full length on both sides or this could prove a costly and tedious repair:( Thanks for the effort on the photos, The pic of your daughter painting is adorable! Mine has a ways to go!! Heres a picture of her from november 07......and the one of her and I was a few weeks ago......My how they grow!

Attachments

• Taylor Lee Bushinski 037.jpg
    Taylor Lee Bushinski 037.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 834
  • me & daddy.jpg
    me & daddy.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 833
Question for you ryan what would it cost me to have you fab me up a rear framehorn tie bar i think that is a great idea ever one should have one on there car the way these cars flex

Im actually working on putting together some pricing now, My dad is a sheet metal engineer so he is gonna get me a price to laser cut the gussets rather than a plasma cutter like I did mine so we have a perfect consistency, Ill put a fixture together to assemble it and it will include grade 8 hardware and instructions, I need a local voulenteer to allow me a test fit ta make sure the prototype will fit seeing as how i only fit it to my car and its not quite assembled.....Lol

I know its hard to tell from the pics, but the body is very close to the top of the c channel and if you extend more than an inch I believe that it will hit. I had a hard time getting my hand up there. I will see if I can get a better pic.

Thanks, my kids had a great time helping. I hope you understand that taking your kids for a ride will cause harm to them, or I should say your wallet, cause my daughter already wants a one at age 9. And she screams " Faster Daddy!!!!".

Attachments

• gnpics 062.jpg
    gnpics 062.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 837
I just took these. I used a piece of cardboard at a 90 from the frame. I hope this makes more sense.

Attachments

• IMG_3511.jpg
    IMG_3511.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 829
Nice, Taylor and I watch the barret jackson auctions and the horsepower block all the time....When I boxed the frame I used .187 CRS. Its flush with the edge of the top rail to the bottom rail, I doubt it comes out an ince at the bottom, I need to get a sliver of the 187 and see if I can fit it between the rails and the body the whole lenght of the area in question.....Im totally paranoid, Thanks alot for the help here.....

You helped alot, If I were done and noticed the body didnt fit ida cryed!!! Thanks alot for the effort in the pictures!!

These car are my passion. I am glad to help anyone who is trying to make these cars better. They are a dyeing breed and a lot of them are getting worse. I hope to make a show car out of mine the next time I restore it. Right now I am having too much fun making it faster and going to the track.

Your gn woodint happen to be in your garage on jackstands where I could come and take some measurments would it???? I need to make sure my boxing is gonna clear the body:( Your only 45 away.....

yes i do
check your myspace and gimme a call
-dan