Aluminum reproduction GN wheels :)

Will you be purchasing a new set of aluminum GN wheels?

• Yes, I will be pre-ordering ASAP!

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • Yes, when I get the money.

Votes: 46 38.7%
  • Nah, I'll just keep my stock steel rims for now.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Already have aftermarket wheels.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Waiting for reproduction GNX wheels.

Votes: 22 18.5%

• Total voters
I hope these wheels take off!! What a great idea that everyone in the market would consider. I know im down for a set of either the 17's or 18's. Would love some 18x10's in the rear.

What I'm looking to do here is have the centers made in Houston for a prototype, then having them set into some shells.

Once I get them road tested, I'd like to use some connections in Brazil to keep the costs down.

We could put these into just about any off-set/width we wanted.

Since I don't have readily available, a spare GN steel wheel, I'm waiting to get one of mine to an engineering firm in Houston to have the whole thing 3D mapped.

From there, I can have billet centers cut, and have them put into centers.
Anyone have a recommended shell company, I'd like to be able to offer different sizes, but for now I'm going to make a set of 17x7's for the front, and 17x9's for the rear.

With a minor lowering of the car, to me this is what would look ideal.

Oh, also another question, how much does the stock steel wheel weigh?

Since I don't have readily available, a spare GN steel wheel, I'm waiting to get one of mine to an engineering firm in Houston to have the whole thing 3D mapped.

From there, I can have billet centers cut, and have them put into centers.
Anyone have a recommended shell company, I'd like to be able to offer different sizes, but for now I'm going to make a set of 17x7's for the front, and 17x9's for the rear.

With a minor lowering of the car, to me this is what would look ideal.

Oh, also another question, how much does the stock steel wheel weigh?

If you're doing 17s make the fronts an 8 inch width and the rears atleast a 9.5 inch width or possibly a 10 inch on the rear. Trust me they look perfect.

If you're doing 17s make the fronts an 8 inch width and the rears atleast a 9.5 inch width or possibly a 10 inch on the rear. Trust me they look perfect.

As long as that width will fit in the stock rear wheel well.
I'm not going to put 18's on my G-body. It just doesn't look right.

I hope either one of these guys can pull this project off. Sounds like a lot of work that will pay off. These babies will sell very well I'm guessing. Can't wait to see the first set.

I spoke with two companies that I knew had the ability to design and cut rims out of solid aluminum. neither would even entertain the thought of producing a GN rim in a 17 diameter for fear of copyright infringement and the hassle of getting them DOT approved. I said but I won't tell anyone where I got them! But it didn't fly. So yeah its a lot of work.