Aluminum Core Support

I have 2 here $425 for blasted not painted. $500 for blasted & satin painted ready to install, plus shipping.

how difficult are they to install is it unbolt or welding and whats the weight savings

its a bolt in ,after removing header panel w/grille , rad top plate ,and fan. removing radiator and bumper makes it easier

stock is around 25lb ,alum is 13lb

Pacecarta, Thank for responding to my post. I will give it some thought. The price seems a little steep.

Hard to find piece.
Hence the price.

For the weight saving - albeit up front - I only do it if i'm doing a front clip off resto and there is lots of stuff already either missing or removed.
It's kind of a pain to replace it for just that savings.
As nice as it is to have.

You can easily get rid of that weight from the nose if you are running steel bumper reinforcements, steel bumper mounting brackets (cut or replace with the individual pieces) or the stock bumper shocks by replacing all that stuff - much easier.
And / or a hollow front sway bar.

But what if you put on an aluminum core support and swap out the pieces that you listed above? Even lighter!

Core is only about 12lbs lighter 500 is a lot for 12lbs savings. Lol 200 would be a lot better

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

There's one local to me on craigslist but the guy wants $500 so I guess that's the going rate these days.

Heisenberg,What's the rpo code for a.c.s?

I do believe it is RPO VA3

However - that said - VA2 is the RPO for Steel Radiator Support - and you don't ever see that on a (Regal) SPID label.
(Probably because that is standard issue)
Perhaps it is because I only look at Buick Regal's SPIDs.
Those aluminum jobs seem to be more common on Cutlasses and the other G brethren - and maybe VA3 is listed on their SPIDs

But what if you put on an aluminum core support and swap out the pieces that you listed above? Even lighter!

Remember one thing - sprung vs unsprung weight.

But - Yeah cool. I agree.
Why don't you just do like I did - I dropped about 130 lbs.
Told her to hit the road. :D

And in all seriousness - I hear ya.
You can damn near break the 3000 lb barrier by swapping pieces and ditching some stuff.
To me - for a car the size of a Regal, that's amazing.

Buick advertises the new 2013 Regal at 3692 lbs. But I've seen heavier weights advertised.
And you would never think it to look at it.
Remember that when they start smack talking about the new GN.
Several couple hundred lbs more!

Of course - most of my cars are CC1 or CF5 cars
That crap weighs a ton - but I love it just the same.

Last edited by a moderator: