aluminum bumper supports - NOT

stickybones

What?
Thought I hit the jackpot today. Was at the boneyard and found a nice Regal Limited with nice chrome bumpers; Al supports and all. Checked in at the office to see what they wanted for them. $100 each the guy says. WTF? I thought junkyards were a place you could get stuff cheap. That's the point isn't it? Needless to say, I didn't pull them. I already have Al supports. I was gonna take 'em and offer them for sale here knowing they're a hot item.

I find the same things happening around here. Seems like most northern states have high used parts prices. Almost would be worth it to go on a junkyard tour of the south. I know the guys are trying to make a living but they tend to try to make their whole day's pay on one item. I've seen cash go into pockets plenty of times too.

Around here, if the car is over 5yrs old, or so, They won't even haul them for free! They either charge you to haul them away, or will take it if you can get it there. These guys make good money! I don't lose any sleep if a few small trinketts fall into my pocket while I'm crawling around.;) Dave C.

HELL NO!I wouldn't loose any sleep at all ethier.Infact my friend own's a yard up here and he even want's Big Bucks from me ,so I sleep just FINE!But I just wish I could slip a 87' GN motor in my pocket?I wounder if he'd see:D :cool:

there's one good JY in the area here, I've had one try to sell me a motor for 7 bills with 100K on it. Geeze people, it's a 4.3L not an LS1. The one I go to I've gotten a TBI unit for $20, a box for $20 and the complete turbo assembly off a 4rd Probe for $50. Pretty good, I wanna go get a harness but with gas the way it is I'm not thinking it's a good idea, harnesses are like $20 and the damn gas would be 7 or 8!

Some of the places I was going to had some stupid prices as well. I found this place and they seem to be pretty reasonable. Not the best pickins, not the worst pickins. But they post their prices up front. Really can't argue too much with that.

http://www.crazyraysautoparts.com/price.htm

CRAZY RAY'S!!!

Crazy Ray's was a great place to buy cheap parts! I was stationed there about two years ago. But don't let anything fall in your pockets, I saw him take an 8' 2x4 after a guy. Here I was, first time in the yard... I think I paid for bolts I had had in my tool box for years so I didn't get the 2x4 treatment!

Re: CRAZY RAY'S!!!

Originally posted by Squid4life
But don't let anything fall in your pockets, I saw him take an 8' 2x4 after a guy. Here I was, first time in the yard... I think I paid for bolts I had had in my tool box for years so I didn't get the 2x4 treatment!

Well, at least there's truth in advertising. :D

What good parts can be found on other regals for lightining. Somebody break it down for me. There is a bumper, held up by crash absorbing brackets, then there are the aluminum brackets I see for sale at vendors for big bucks, only to save like 6lbs. What is a bumper support? Is there some other piece inside the bumper??