Aluminum Brake Drums

donZ

what cars did they, come on ??
if i go to a local, salvage yard, what do i ask for ???

Donz
I just scored a set of drums about 4 weeks ago from your own back yard. (so to speak) American & Import Auto. It's the juck yard off 16 mile between VanDyke and Mound, on the right side of the overpass. The guy at the counter claimed they did not sell brake drums and have not sold any for years, but his computer did list a pair. We walked back to a broken down trailer to find them. He was correct about not selling any for a long time, These things had years of dust on them but they were in good shape. Sorry they were the only pair he had.
Just ask for drums that will fit your car they will have the cross reference. Make sure you check the ID. Most have been around for a long time and are junk. Figure if you can get one good turn or clean up they will be worth it.

Drums

I have found that the 78 and 79 monte carlos had them 75% percent of the time. From what I have seen.

Alum drums

Hello, I have a set I would sell. They are in fine shape. I was going to ebay them, make offer +shipping.
Thanks Ryan

Re: Drums

Originally posted by dfisher
I have found that the 78 and 79 monte carlos had them 75% percent of the time. From what I have seen.

In what shape should I expect to find 27 year old brake drums? Seems kinda unlikely that I'm gonna find a great set of 27 year old drums!

The ones on my GN have been turned twice already. They are still well within specs. If I can find them in Hawaii, then you guys can find them on the mainland for sure. Space is limited here, so cars aren't usually kept for very long in the junkyards. Unlike on the mainland where the cars are kept for years on end.

Happy hunting! :)