Alternate Fuel??

itlbtu2

Allright, I'm in the middle of my build (84 hot air - but open to ideas intercooler...etc.... ) and i'm getting ready to make a big decision. I have ask and ask about propane injection (because i own a propane business and it's free) and all I get is that it is not as helpful as akly. From what I can gather is that everyone that is using a propane kit that is not happy would be due to the fact of having to small of a tank. (not enough BTU's in my oppinoin - they say the tank freezes up. - duh too small.) So here is my question, What about running propane as my primary fuel???? I drive a Z71 that uses propane as a primary fuel every day and it runs better than any comparable truck around for it's age and mileage. What if i take the fuel tank out and just use a 55 gal. tank for primary fuel ?? it's cold enough not to need an intercooler , it has enough octane to not worry about Knock and it's cheaper than gasoline in the right areas of the u.s. (which i'm in) Would this increase performance on a H/A???

Just because it's hot air doesn't mean it's not a GN!!!!!

Any ideas

Come on guys I know this could work

Allright, I'm in the middle of my build (84 hot air - but open to ideas intercooler...etc.... ) and i'm getting ready to make a big decision. I have ask and ask about propane injection (because i own a propane business and it's free) and all I get is that it is not as helpful as akly. From what I can gather is that everyone that is using a propane kit that is not happy would be due to the fact of having to small of a tank. (not enough BTU's in my oppinoin - they say the tank freezes up. - duh too small.) So here is my question, What about running propane as my primary fuel???? I drive a Z71 that uses propane as a primary fuel every day and it runs better than any comparable truck around for it's age and mileage. What if i take the fuel tank out and just use a 55 gal. tank for primary fuel ?? it's cold enough not to need an intercooler , it has enough octane to not worry about Knock and it's cheaper than gasoline in the right areas of the u.s. (which i'm in) Would this increase performance on a H/A???

Just because it's hot air doesn't mean it's not a GN!!!!!

Any ideas

Come on guys I know this could work

Running 100% propane will work. :smile:
As you are already aware, many of the cars in Europe have been converted for a very long time to run on natural gas. There are still many conversion kits available to do this. Is is cleaner and MUCH cheaper than gasoline (in Europe). Back in the day, I could not tell the difference in "butt-dyno performance" on a daily 1.2L - carb'd 4-banger, between gasoline and natural gas.

Contact Jay Carter, the TR kit inventor and expert.
Interesting project. More inportantly, post some pics of the set-up. :cool: