All GNs now emissions exempt in Texas

If your car was up for the emissions test in Illinois when they changed to obd2 testing only, your car had to take the last test. After that the car was exempt from testing. Im sure all the states tag along together with this bs.
I heard california is testing lawnmowers:eek: I can see it now.A hundred craftsman riding lawnmowers driving down the expressway:biggrin:

Then I guess I don't have to worry about putting a cat on this year. :biggrin:

I guess '10 would have been a safety only too but my car has been down since '09. :redface:

Then I guess I don't have to worry about putting a cat on this year. :biggrin:

I guess '10 would have been a safety only too but my car has been down since '09. :redface:
Dave, if there is no motor in it its not a motorized vehicle so no inspection sticker needed, you just need to cut a hole in the floor board and your car is good to go! hehe I guess you don't even need a registration either...damn I just saved you a lot of $$ and your car could be on the road tomorrow :D

Dave, if there is no motor in it its not a motorized vehicle so no inspection sticker needed, you just need to cut a hole in the floor board and your car is good to go! hehe I guess you don't even need a registration either...damn I just saved you a lot of $$ and your car could be on the road tomorrow :D

lol I guess I need to put a sticker on the engine stand and then weld a seat to it. hahahahaha

What I really miss is hunting season. Just thinking of all those Stangs running wild and I can only watch! :biggrin:

So what is the final verdict with this for our Buicks? Mine is up for inspection but i was about install my 60s and my tt chip, i am thinking about waiting to install after i get my sticker...

I missed my last emissions check last year since my car was down :( Got it cranked up the other day :D It would have been 2 yrs in April.

'87 models have this year left. in 2012 your free. Shouldve had an 86. :wink:

So only a safety check now plus it is $25 cheaper!

When I first read this thread I thought hell ya, get my car ready and take it to go get the renewal sticker thinking I did not have to run through the sniffer testing. Wrong, car had to be put through the tests. :eek:

I was not quite prepared as I did not change my oil, 02 sensor, spark plugs, etc. Only thing I did was add the Cat in case they looked for it.

Well, it passed without changing chips, lowering the FP, kept the same gas in the tank with no added additives! :cool:

Should be good to go from now!

Dannyo

I brought my '87 to get inspected a few weeks ago and did a safety only, no emissions. Didn't even do a visual check, I had the dump with electric cutout on it! They said the car had to be '85 or older, and I said I thought it was 24 years and it was clear. They said oh yeah and just did the inspection, I don't think they were too bright! Anyways, I've got my sticker so I'm good regardless! LOL:cool:

I don't really see where all the confusion is.

If you start a prision sentence of 10 years in March of 2011, do you have to wait until 2022 to get out? ::biggrin:

I brought my '87 to get inspected a few weeks ago and did a safety only, no emissions. Didn't even do a visual check, I had the dump with electric cutout on it! They said the car had to be '85 or older, and I said I thought it was 24 years and it was clear. They said oh yeah and just did the inspection, I don't think they were too bright! Anyways, I've got my sticker so I'm good regardless! LOL:cool:

I guess you have a '87 then go there. :biggrin: Did they also ask you why you had a jiffy lube logo on your car lol

I don't really see where all the confusion is.

If you start a prision sentence of 10 years in March of 2011, do you have to wait until 2022 to get out? ::biggrin:

A '87 model is 24 yrs old in 2011 anyway you look at it. And on the prison sentence you would get out in 2021...:D